Home General General (English)

Jedi Knight:Jedi Academy ESL section opening

TiberTiber Member Posts: 4 Rookie

As per instructions from the ESL staff, I am opening the discussion on this forum

Our community recently grew to high numbers due to the fact the Europe and Russia finally united in competitions do the newly created middle ground servers.

We are many, we are back, we are ready for ESL and we do not take NO for an answer.

It is clear to us that we are much more active than most games in play.eslgaming.com and we can provide at least 100x times the numbers of currently active sections such as ‘Warcraft 1on1 ladder (3 members).

This discord pictures shows just one part of how many people are playing Jedi Academy

There is absolutely no reason not to give us a chance, because:

1. We already have admins. I myself have been an ESL admin in that s section for 5 years, We have others who also have been  admins and are ready to take up that role again.

2. You do not need to use ANY resources on us, we do not require any prizes and we fight for glory because ESL is part of our culture as a game, most of our servers have ESL name in them.

3. The section already exists on the ESL-website, ladder is there, rules are there, and so on.

https://play.eslgaming.com/jkja/pc/jkja/open/autumn-tdm-cup-2016-s1/rules/

https://play.eslgaming.com/jkja/pc/jkja/open/ladder-1on1-saber-europe

As a conclusion:

I am formally asking you to re-open the 1on1, 2on2 and TDM ladder. And allow us to create our own seasonal cups, mix cups, LMS cups, premiership cups or Jedi Nations Cups.

Sincerely,

Tiber

Comments

• yoloyolo Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    I'm up to all word's that said Tiber. We are not separated anymore, we have big numbers, we're motivated to play, and with your help we will make jka shine brighter like never before.
    #jkjaisback

• EldirianEldirian Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    I'm backing up what Tiber said. We are actively playing and lacking an offical platform to restore competitive gaming. As Tiber stated, we still, after all those years, use 'esl' in the names of our server and as passwords too. Jedi Academy competitive scene is deeply rooted in ESL.
    Please, support our community by restoring our ESL ladders.

Thanks,
    Eld
  • shoxiiieshoxiiie Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    Many of us are loyal ESLers, since years and years. JK:JA needs it's ESL ladders and the devoted community hopes.

#jkjaisback
  • InfinityInfinity Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    It is not a big effort to re-open the section which is already exist. We dont need any supervisors for it. Open the section and let us show you what the community can do. Give us a carte blanche.
    #jkjaisback
  • JrrrrJrrrr Member Posts: 2 Rookie
    +1 
  • dEspdEsp Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    #jkjaisback

I rly wait to ESL JKA Section, pls open it! 
  • bratacbratac Member Posts: 2 One post wonder
    It would be nice to play ESL JKA again, so...
    #jkaisback
  • YberionYberion Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    +1

#jkjaisback
  • FallujahFallujah Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    edited March 2019
    ESL jka ESL jka ESL jka

#jkjaisback
  • afiafi Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    I approve
  • SAMMAElSAMMAEl Member Posts: 3 Rookie
    let me be the best here!

#jkaisback #respectUS 
  • NecezNecez Member Posts: 4 Rookie
    #jkjaisback
  • ameroamero Member Posts: 2 Rookie
    ++
  • RusinatorRusinator Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    #jkjaisback
    jka never dies
  • HawLeHawLe Member Posts: 2 Rookie
    Would be nice to see JKJA on esl again +1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 One post wonder
    edited March 2019
    #jkjaisback

back ESL section.
  • samixsamix Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    yeah, jka section should definately be re-opened
  • ReelayReelay Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    return the JKA section to the end otherwise end and die
  • TearTear Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    According to the philosophy of the ESL „to create a place where everybody can be somebody, turn niche games into global sensations […]“ I strongly hope that you support the re-opening of JK:JA, considering it is much more active than most of the other „niche games“. Please give the JK JA community, that is very passionate about this game, the chance to „be somebody“. I wholeheartedly support this initiative and our Admins.
    Regards,
    Tear
  • TrayTray Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    edited March 2019
    Hello! I'm Tray, the leader of the russian JKJA players community. I was ESL admin in JKJA section in 2016 with together with Tiber. In that year there were some very hard IRL problems combined with tough situation in community, and that prevented us from keep good activity. As a result section was deleted. What is pretty interesting - even then lots of people wrote tons of comments asking to reopen the section and admins gave another opportunity to us but the problem were still pretty tough, so as a result section was closed at all.

But times have changed, both - me and Tiber have enough time and resources now to keep community alive. So in addition here what we have done else:
    - we bought middleground servers between our most active regions - CIS and EU to make pings more comfortable for players
    - we put together CIS and RU players in our Discord server, which has now more then 200+ players
    - we are right now developing our own anti-cheat system, which will solve the biggest problem of our community since ancient times
    - we have enough cool developers who help us with solving other problems, for example we made our own special gamemode which is like LMS + Battle Royale, you can watch the example here:
    - we started videocontest among of players to motivate them make more new cool fragmovie to keep motivation
    - we have special Twitch channel for broadcasting Jedi Academy tournaments and also regular game sessions: https://www.twitch.tv/rujka1/
    and we will do the same channel for english-speaking audience as well
    - we have socials: group in vk.com with 4.3k people  (https://vk.com/rujka), another one with only competitive players with almost 300 players (https://vk.com/basejk), and another group in facebook with more then 250+ players (groups are region-related, vk.com is for CIS, fb is for the EU players so you can combine the numbers).

And yes, if you think that this game is too old I can tell you 3 things:

1. https://discord.gg/gFKwH85 - there is the main Discord server, which has been already mentioned by Tiber, with almost 2k participants, they are all people who love Jedi Knight series.

2. Star Wars are very popular right now, since Disney keeps making Episodes. But also as you may see Disney + EA still can't do any good SW game. More then that, JKA has it's own unique saber system, insane freedom of movements and unkillable community, because there is still no game which can provide us the same gameplay as JKA does. Yet... watch the next argument

3. Right now there is the special project in process (workname is Open Saber Project, but it will be changed in months), which will be the successor of Jedi Academy community, because its idea is to repeat the same gameplay but on MODERN ENGINE - Unreal Engine 4. Our community helps this project a lot with testing and will keep doing that because we have no trust to AAA companies, we will do all by our own powers. You can watch the video of the project right here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObPK3sOaAPE

And with all that stuff, all we are asking for you is:
    - restore JKJA section
    - give admin rights to Tiber and me (just to remind you, we both already were the admins in this section, we know how it all goes)
    - if you have smth deeply changed since 2016 - tell us a little bit about to prevent misunderstanding

If this the whole post isn't argument to let us be in ESL, I have no idea what you need else from us. Our community has very huge loyalty to Electronic Sports League and we offer you to make cool story of the section comeback. People love comebacks. Think about it.

#jkjaisback
  • TarantulaTarantula Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    I'm really looking forward to the moment when the JA section is activated again. With this event, it will become much easier for us to hold tournaments and events, and most importantly, to observe our success and compete with other players.

#jkjaisback
  • HammondHammond Member Posts: 2 One post wonder
    I would love jka to come back and I would take part actively. There are a new generation of players now that would love to get involved.
  • slimmmslimmm Member Posts: 3 Rookie
    edited March 2019
    For many years we prepared, we grew stronger while you rested in your cradle of power, believing other games were safe and enough for ESL. You were trusted to lead the e-Sport platform without JKA, but you were deceived, as our powers of the dark side have blinded you. You assumed no force could challenge you. And now... Finally... We have returned. #jkaisback

DARK LORD of the Force "Shad"
  • MerkantelloMerkantello Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    Hello dear ESL. My son died 3 days ago from cancer, and 2 last things he wanted were the JKA section on ESL, and giving admin rights to Tiber and Tray.
    Thank you all, i wish you the best!
  • AgvaresAgvares Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    edited March 2019
    • This is the best game in the star wars universe. She has earned the right to live as an eSports discipline.  Return the JKJA section!
      #jkaisback

• TillTill Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    the section should be definetly reopened
  • Rhendo D'KanaRhendo D'Kana Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    +1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 One post wonder
    reopen it please ;) 
  • SephSeph Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    This game will never die.
  • SilentoSilento Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    We want to back this game, it's so important to us.
    #jkaisback
This discussion has been closed.