Win a share of more than €40,000 every month on ESL Play in Go4 cups across 15+ games! Find out more

Assetto Corsa Competizione on ESL Play ?

BuschBusch GermanyPosts: 1,331Member, ESL Staff, Global Staff Head ✭✭
edited October 4 in General (English)
Hello there,
i would like to propose to add Assetto Corsa Competizione on ESL Play. https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/

Assetto Corsa Competizione is the new official Blancpain GT Series videogame, set to be fully released in the first few months of 2019. 
It's a racing simulation, focusing solely on competitive racing, and esports. It has a license system, and will feature Sprint, Endurance and 24 Hours races, in both single and multiplayer modes. 
Sim Racers, Racing Fans, Journalists, Professional Drivers etc. praised Assetto Corsa Competizione as one of the best RacingSims  of the current time, and the game hasn't left Early Access yet, and is still under development. But the reviews are more than positive! 

Designed to innovate, Assetto Corsa Competizione will set to promote eSports, bringing players at the heart of the Blancpain GT Series and putting them behind the wheel of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens and many other prestigious GT racing cars, all reproduced with outstanding level of detail.

A well-structured ranking system will evaluate individual performance and driving behavior to reward the most virtuous drivers and promote fair play in online competitions. The matchmaking function makes sure that you can compete with opponents of similar skill level and easily find online races to join, while the leaderboards will allow you to compare single-lap performance with virtual pilots from around the world with the same car, circuit and weather conditions.

My idea would be to have cup series, with a group stage, semi-finals and finals. The group stage would consist of a number of groups (depending on the sign ups), with maximum of 16 players per group. Track will be voted every week, and i would force something like a default setup, so that even inexperienced players can race, and don't have to worry about the perfect car setup. If possible, a prize for the winner of each cup would be available. 

Secondly i would propose a Championship Season like series, with a realistic setting, open setups, a race calendar which is determined in advance of the season. 
The whole championship could be team based, or if possible team and driver based, with different classes, a constructor and driver title etc. Much like F1 and WEC.  
There would be invites to top drivers and teams, but as well as a open qualifier, so that players (maybe even teams) can qualify for the championship. At the end of the season the winner(s) would be crowned, and ideally would receive some sort of prize. (Maybe prize money)  
Possibly stream the races on Twitch, YouTube etc. and engage with the fans, have a coverage like a real Motorsports series.

And my last idea would be to have one, or more, endurance races every month, with the same rule set as for the championship. These endurance races would range between 1 and 6 hours. I'm not really sure about 24 hour races, as that would be really hard and i think there wouldn't be enough people.
These endurance races would be streamed of course. 

Feedback on the race formats, cup series, championship etc. are more than welcome! 

Assetto Corsa Competizione on ESL Play ? 82 votes

Yes
100%
VP_ockerockerGTRaserTh3Drumm3rGiuseppe MazzeiMightyJordanVP_p_lustig-RiPMrKuboolBuschVP_Darwin_DaumeVP_Isaac21DalexiRamsesP_GakschKroneSundiverpelmeniEliasPoseidonBridgebuilderMolotow 82 votes
No
0%
There is no reason not to be motivated. You cannot always be the best. But you can do your best. - Sebastian Vettel

Comments

• AEIDOLONEAEIDOLONE Posts: 50Member Aspirant
    Yes
    If indeed everything comes out like you wrote (and I'm positive it will) than we have just an e-sport scene like it is supposed to be.
  • InsaneMInsaneM Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I would be realy happy if we could ge acc to esl
  • TX3 UltiTX3 Ulti Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    Yes
    I don't think this vote is accurate as I think there are way too many people not even knowing about this vote. 
  • SonoSono Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    Yes
    100% support this
  • Edwinv77Edwinv77 Posts: 7Member Rookie
    Yes
    If the online works in the expected way, it is a fact, waiting for it to come out for ps4