Win a share of more than €40,000 every month on ESL Play in Go4 cups across 15+ games! Find out more

Puyo Puyo Tetris League

BlinkHDBlinkHD Posts: 1Member One post wonder
edited May 27 in General (English)
With the recent release of Puyo Puyo Tetris on Steam, there is a growing demand for a competitive league where puzzle gaming fans can compete.  The built in matchmaking ladder is not without its flaws, including unfair matchups and a grindy ratings system.  I know lots of highly skilled players from across the world who have been streaming this game on Twitch and would love to see a Versus league here on ESL.

Please add this amazing puzzle game!
Founder of the Hard Drop Tetris Community!

https://discord.gg/harddrop

Comments

• XeaLXeaL Posts: 2Member Rookie
    Sounds good!

It would be great to have bo5 ladder matches. 
    Which mode to use would be a little tricky, maybe a different ladders for:
    Tetris only
    Puyo only
    Swap
    Tetris or Puyo VS.
  • DazerDazer Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    This is a great idea!
    The Puyo Puyo and  the Tetris community are full of great players worldwide but we doesnt have a competitive platform for tournaments. Puyo Nexus uses a forum for the tournaments, and the japanese Tetris community uses some manually created simple websites. Puyo Puyo Tetris is a game that has unified both communities and its the current official competitive game. 
    Puyo Puyo Tetris on the ESL will give us the competitive platform we are looking for and will help with the matchmaking issue, letting new players find more fair matches and high level players finding good matches on a more competitive environment. 
    Its important to add the game as a global game, and not a regional game.
  • luk234luk234 Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I support this idea!
    The Puyo Puyo series has seen a growing resurgence in Japan as of late with its recent inclusion as an e-sport, not to mention the recent release of PPT on Steam and last year's Switch PPT release have increased awareness of the Puyo series all across the globe.
    Both Puyo and Tetris series have suffered from not having a centralized, official competitive videogame in which to dispute tournaments, ladders and the like, which hinders the introduction to competitive play. The western release of Puyo Puyo Tetris has brought the unification of both communities and has provided this much needed competitive game.
    With this in mind, and considering the deficiencies that have been brought with Puyo Puyo Tetris's matchmaking and grindy ladder system, ESL would provide the necessary platform for aiding the growing competitive community surrounding this game.

The inclusion of PPT would help give this game the much needed push it needs to become a true esport game. Please include this game!
  • Alexander291Alexander291 Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I feel the same way as the above comments.
    This game has a lot of potential and a united community, I totally support that this game can be part of ESL as a very competitive way that tetris and puyo puyo can be.
  • OblivionOblivion Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    i support this and want to see PPT in ESL, make it happen