Win a share of more than €40,000 every month on ESL Play in Go4 cups across 15+ games! Find out more

<< FAIL >> Tournament PS4

schitikow-2003schitikow-2003 Posts: 1Member One post wonder
edited March 4 in General (English)
Hello,

I'm doing this message in order to warn the ESL that these tournaments on PS4 are unreliable.

The first PS4 tournament at the end of 2017 was disrupted from the start by a failure at launch.
This second tournament March 2018 suffers the same problems and worse.

To that, I would like to make ESL aware that this is a lack of respect towards the players.
It's been two hours since the players wait to start the tournament.
Each player has organized their day to make this tournament and we are wasting time for an organization that is not serious.
Especially since ESL had spoken of reward for its tournaments and that finally, there is nothing.
So, does ESL intend to do things well and seriously or all this is just a joke?

I announce the METAL clan retreat for this tournament hoping not to relive a poorly organized ESL PS4 tournament.

cordially

Comments

• SasaSasa Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    All clans wait for you ESL
  • Fr_KePLeR_FrFr_KePLeR_Fr Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    Hello,
    I bounce on the subject, to tell you that the last tournament on Saturday, April 7 has gone well and the invitation system to work well. 
    However, we have found that the end-of-run reward has not been sufficiently rewarding. 
    We lost a lot of money. This will not be a problem and there was an adequate staffing system.
    Where is the prize pool?
    Is it you or WG who has to withdraw any endowment from the tournament?

Hoping that our request is heard.
    cordially
  • cocostarcelcocostarcel Posts: 35Member, ESL Staff, Global Staff Head Rookie
    edited May 7
    I want to start with a big thank you for everyone to be patient and hold together with us in the past few weeks. We are in direct touch with WarGaming and together we are hunting down what is causing the issue of the X map you see when trying to join a game. Currently WG has a theory for what is happening, but they currently do not have enough logs to track down what is exactly causing that issue. Because of that, they are adding more logs to the client and those logs are being implemented next Tuesday.

Many other issues were fixed in the meantime, which happened before or were found while hunting down this issue that I just mentioned. Because of the implementation happening on Tuesday, we are going to do the following with the current live tournaments: - We will proceed and move the European tournament #8 to Wednesday, 19:00 CEST -- This way the development teams can have a look at the fresh logs and start working on it as soon as possible.

We will cancel the upcoming NA tournament NA tournaments will come back once this issue is fixed, and we will host European tournaments to test the fixes. This happens because internally for us at ESL it is easier to run EU tournaments than NA, since we are based in Europe. Keep in mind that EU tournaments are open for all, so even if you are from NA you can still participate in the European tournaments, if the start time works well for you.

We really value the tournament experience that you have, and that is the reason why we kept postponing previous tournaments with the hope that there would be a breakthrough in the hunt and the fix would be implemented before the next tournament would go live.

Coming up: - Once these issues are fixed, we will resume our normal weekly tournaments, also introducing ingame prizing so you can cover your participation costs and also come up with some profit, depending on your tournament placement.

Thank you again for your continuous support!

• Kool Moe TKool Moe T Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    Can't register for event WOT European 7 on 7 but it shows my team Kool and Gang IGB 4 life checked in