Your feedback matters to us! Answer our ESL Play Survey and get a 5€/5$ voucher: https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/eslplaysurvey2017
Win a share of more than €40,000 every month on ESL Play in Go4 cups across 15+ games! Find out more

Go4 Cups come to a stop.

BuschBusch GermanyPosts: 1,258Member, ESL Staff, Global Moderator, Global Staff Head ✭✭
edited January 29 in General (English)
The ESL Go4 Project CARS 2 Cups come to a stop for now, but of course you can still participate in the A1 eSports League Qualifiers, and Project CARS 2 will be back with more tournaments soon!
Due various different reasons, the Go4 Cups will stop here, but they are likely to return in the near future. But do note, this is not a promise!

It was initially planned to end the Go4 Cups after Cup #12, but we didn't want to stop in the middle of the month. So we discussed, and things didn't go the way we wanted them to, thats why we had such a delay with a few things last week. Sorry for the confusion. 

The monthly final will be held next week, Wednesday 7th 19:00 CET, so that we can finish this months Go4 Series. 

Thanks for playing in the Go4 Cups, and we hope you'll return in case the Go4s come back to the ESL Project CARS section!

Best regards,
the ESL Project CARS Admin team
There is no reason not to be motivated. You cannot always be the best. But you can do your best. - Sebastian Vettel

Comments

• F4H BreMboF4H BreMbo Posts: 44Member Rookie
    Shame to see this happen as it was a really good competitive scene.  Now there's nothing going on on Xbox that's really worth doing though which is the biggest shame...
  • Oscaro AdalexisOscaro Adalexis Posts: 10Member Rookie
    Shame. and double shame for non explaining situation and why cups are stopped.  SMS doesn't care so much about game fanbase and about fixing crucial bugs for giving us a stable and fair esport game, ESL closing events... and no one who explain nothing. So sad.
  • RICH 1701RICH 1701 Posts: 5Member Rookie
    Very disappointed since like Brembo said this is all we have on xbox . Last night was my first go at it and really enjoyed it so big gutted now I'm just left racing dirty b###### online like I was tonight getting taken out by people jumping the start. Would be nice to know why it's come to an end
  • N2O SmoicolN2O Smoicol Posts: 2Member Rookie
    Too bad :'( :'(
  • Alge4Alge4 Posts: 4Member Rookie
    edited January 30
    Was the primary reason Go4 was stopped due to the previously elsewhere mentioned setup bug? In which case in the mean while is there scope for a non go4 free setup race series. Perhaps a once every two week race, in something that might suit the style of a free setup option. I recognise that this might not be a begginer level entry event but perhaps bill it as open to all but for drivers who are middling to advanced class race. So still the same type of liscene. but an A and B class or something possibly? Just hunting for some ideas. I'd only just competed to two races, and i was looking forward to them at the weekends. Very sad to see Go4 races take a break. 

My personal preference/suggestion would be an open wheel'd series perhaps formula Renault or formula C(/formula rookie for newbies). Free setup, real weather and track conditions. 2 weather slots. 25 laps. Each week maybe there could be some event or setup published  (Actrolvission?) to determine a decent starting setup for newer folks. 

Order of circuits would be announced prior to the series and it could be something like 3-5 races per season and its a points championship. 

From my perusing of the forums this might be a popular idea. There seemed to be a few more drivers hunting for a more challenging race. 
  • BuschBusch GermanyPosts: 1,258Member, ESL Staff, Global Moderator, Global Staff Head ✭✭
    No it's not the reason. 
    There is no reason not to be motivated. You cannot always be the best. But you can do your best. - Sebastian Vettel
  • N2O SmoicolN2O Smoicol Posts: 2Member Rookie
    Hello Busch If we are here is because it had created a beautiful community, I expected your answer but never arrived, if you need help I can give it, but my English is not very good. Sorry.
  • AEIDOLONEAEIDOLONE Posts: 51Member Aspirant
    edited January 31
    The reason is simple: The game is bugged af, even after two "major"  patches. And now, there is also the A1 Rallycross League, where they also struggling to organize it descent.
  • BuschBusch GermanyPosts: 1,258Member, ESL Staff, Global Moderator, Global Staff Head ✭✭
    AEIDOLONE said:
    The reason is simple: The game is bugged af, even after two "major"  patches. And now, there is also the A1 Rallycross League, where they also struggling to organize it descent.
    And thats plain wrong. Don't assume things, and think they are correct. 
  • Oscaro AdalexisOscaro Adalexis Posts: 10Member Rookie
    All suppositions are wrong, but us ( players, esl users ) don't know nothing and no one from ESL or SMS explain nothing. It seems a state secret
    We can't tell you the details, as we are not allowed to. 
  • ShredderSamShredderSam Posts: 13Member Rookie
    Well....Way to Keep your Community Keen and loyal huh? No information at all? why is there no A1 for Xbox users? 
    edited February 12
    Well....Way to Keep your Community Keen and loyal huh? No information at all? why is there no A1 for Xbox users? 
    First of all, we can't share information that are under NDA. 

Secondly we are organizing and operating the tournaments and the Sponsor, Publisher etc. is choosing the platforms. 
    edited February 13
    Thanks for the responses,

Thats fine and fair that you cant share certain information, But maybe a statement stating all things like above that you DO know and CAN disclose, would avoid Much Disappointment and frustration to many of the ESL community given that XB1 is the only platform not to be openly advertising any kind of competitive racing.

I mean, I recieved a Email telling me about the rallycross championships... of which i personally only play PC2 for, and Only ever on XB1...yet it Clearly stated PC & PS4  Only, So i come back to ESL to see if XB has got anything going on and how strange that XB has apparently been excluded???

so i come over the ESL to see whats going on with XB then if PC n PS4 got this Awsomeness going on..

Can i find information about it?....     i mean : (Busch said:
    No it's not the reason. 
    And thats plain wrong. Don't assume things, and think they are correct. 

I mean what can possibly be gathered other than assumption from what where being told by the Global staff head.

its taken two weeks to get to what we know now, which is not a lot and you cant talk about it.

its easier to be sated and patient when your informed, when your left in the dark, you will get assumption proceeded by frustration. 

Come on Guys, Sort It OUT!

edited February 13
    We made our statement, with the info we can share. Again, we are organizing and operating the tournaments, decisions are not always ours. If you want more answers feel free to contact Bandai Namco. 

And the email you received was a global mail to everyone who played in a Project CARS Go4 Cup. The email got sent to Xbox players, because they might have a PS4 or PC.

I also want to share my own opinion.

A reason why Xbox doesn't get any tournaments is, because it has significantly less players than PC and PS4. 
    edited February 13
    Im only asking this becuase i Dont know but, does the PC and PS4 platform of the game have as many online specific problems as XB? i mean its fair to say, that PC2 online is almost Non Functional. It crashes games, Entire consoles.. disconnection and failure rate is Shocking for a full Released title.

Im impressed you managed to get 12 sessions of Go4 even completed.

an automated response from bandai isnt gonna help anyone anytime soon lol.

And if what your saying about the lack of numbers is true + Evident, then its fair to assume that the lack of support and fixes and apparent void of effort towards the online community on XB for PC2, that all these problems are Unlikly to be fixed, and as XBPC2 goes it cant progress any further.

Anyways, Got the Answers i was looking for.

Peace
    edited February 13
    PC and PS4 do have some problems, but they don't crash the console/pc etc. only bugs regarding lobbies, cars and tracks. So it works fine most of the time. 

We do have some Xbox players that have a PS4 and PC, and some of them switched from Xbox to PC or PS4. 

And it's not up to us when it comes to bugs etc. SMS is developing the game. Only thing we can do is to report the bugs to them. 
    I dont doubt it, PC2 and its problems pushed me into going to PC Sim racing, Because its Very Very good when it comes to the game itself, its just the online side of it is like you said, being developed, so its frustrating in a number of ways.

Needless to say having commited to a PC build for racing now there is a heavenly solution to ALL these project cars related issues to those that are serious about their racing, and Tired of all the rubbish...

IRACING