Win a share of more than €40,000 every month on ESL Play in Go4 cups across 15+ games! Find out more

Pokken Tournament DX on ESLplay

ImDragonImDragon Posts: 3Member, ESL Staff Rookie
edited January 23 in General (English)
Hello, I would like to pick up the topic of Pokken Tournament DX for the Nintendo Switch as a new section on play.eslgaming.com.

First of all something to the game.
Pokken Tournament DX was released in September 2017 for the Nintendo Switch as a remake of the game "Pokken Tournament" for Wii U. The game is a "fighting game" in the Pokémon universe and is played 1v1. (For more details, see the publisher's website for Pokken: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pokken-tournament-dx-switch )
I think this game offers great competetive potential. I also think that the community would like to see more Tournaments for Pokken. Therefore I would like to know if you want to have "Pokken" on play.eslgaming.com and I would be happy to receive many replies.

Comments

• ThePhilThePhil Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I've been playing the game since release and competitively for about half a year now, so I would love to see ESL support for Pokken! :D
  • KemoKemo Posts: 2Member Rookie
    Im a huge Pokken fan. Its my favourite fighting game of all time and Ive spent the last 2 years playing it and watching almost every single stream so I can say with confidence, based on all my experience, that ever since the release of Pokken Tournament DX the Pokken scene has started growing very fast (especially in EU) and it was already big in NA and Japan to begin with. The Pokken scene will soon be a huge force to be reckoned with if it keeps up this speed of growth so I highly recommend investing into it.
  • WingtideWingtide Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I've started this because im a huge Pokemon Fan. This is my first Fighting Game ever and i was a little bit scared to join a new community because i made some very bad experience ealier on with several other games. But the Pokken Community was very kind and helpful at the beginning so i had a very good start in the game! I would love to see pokken on ESL!!
  • LobotronixLobotronix Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    Pokken would definitely be a great pick to be on ESL. I've been active in the community since August 2017 and I've witnessed tremendous growth since then. This community's size is already about as big as those of some Anime Fighting Games like Guilty Gear, Blazblue etc. even though Pokken has only existed for a fraction of their time. Considering that Pokemon is the highest-grossing media franchise in history the potential numbers are enormous. Furthermore, the Pokken community is without a doubt one of the most passionate gaming communities out there. Just look at the EVO 2017 donation drive, where the Pokken community donated $67.000 to charity, almost beating out the giant called Marvel vs Capcom!
  • AscWolfAscWolf Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    Would love to see the game grow and this would be a good chance.
    please consider it to pick up
  • Coner4711Coner4711 Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I WANT TO SEE IT :D
  • Adelvos1Adelvos1 Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    More tournaments is pretty cool! I,d love to see it happen
  • ZetaZeta Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    Yooo, that would be absolutely hype! I like supporting Pokken, wherever I can and seeing this opportunity really gets me pumped up!
    Our community is like a snowball right now - having ESL support it will only make it better. With Pokken DX the community really started to grow and get some reach with the Switch. Maybe we'll have some more and even better tournaments soon?
  • OhanaJoNaOhanaJoNa Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    Pokkén would be a great addition to esl since the community and the game itself is on the uprise. I‘m in the community for only a few months but the hype-train hit me so hard.
    Let‘s go Pokkén!
  • HirschulatHirschulat Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I am currently "representing" or more like strongly supporting the german Pokemon Tekken or "Pokken" Community together with the Organisation "Team Calyptus". Not long ago, we picked up two german Pokken Players called "Gintrax" and "ToSaix", because i personally think that this Scene is one of the most motivated and hard working scenes, whom a chance to participate in official ESL Events only can help. It can help with growth, motivation and access, so please consider picking it up in the ESL Roster. 
  • ToSaixToSaix Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I would 100% love to see that happening.
  • ArrowniArrowni Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    Like many other players I came from a background as a pokemon fan. Pokken rekindled my love for fighting games that had gone extinct since the good ol' days of arcade cabinets and gatherings with my group of friends. The community was always encouraging and inclusive, making me want to meet each of its players and continue to improve and practice with them. After trying offline competitions I feel like part of the team and I want to see the playerbase grow and more events happen, they are really a celebration of everything I love as a gamer!
  • BoolerexBoolerex Posts: 2Member Rookie
    I'm another one of those post wonder that just came to show my support here,but Pokken still have all the tool needed to be a good competitive game,especially due to his balance (the entire roster can win a tourney). Hope to see his inclusion to ESLplay to help it getting more coverage.

• BoolerexBoolerex Posts: 2Member Rookie
    edited January 24
    Accidental double post
  • KemoKemo Posts: 2Member Rookie
    Me too 
  • jackdeathshard5jackdeathshard5 Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I have been playing the game since its release, and have found the community great in many ways, and I love to watch people's streams. As a common twitch user, I would love to see this happen!
  • ImDragonImDragon Posts: 3Member, ESL Staff Rookie
    edited January 25
    I am happy to see that we have such a big support from pokkenarena.
    (http://www.pokkenarena.com/news.html/pokken-dx/pokkén-tournament-dx-on-eslplay-r136/)

()

Thanks to everyone in the community who wrote a comment and shared this post until yet, too!
  • WoomyGunWoomyGun Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I'd love to see Pokken on ESL! The game's got a lot of potential, especially with the upcoming update & battle packs.
  • KadentheKitsuneKadentheKitsune Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I think its a good idea and want it on ESL
  • ALLISTERALLISTER Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I would definitely love to see Pokken Tournament DX on play.eslgaming.com ! It sounds like a fantastic opportunity for the player base, hope to see it take off!
  • EspeonEspeon Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I've been playing since the Wii U launch, and I play on the Switch and semi-regularly attend locals.  Pokken on ESL would be fantastic for our growth!
  • NullshockNullshock Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I've picked the DX version up, and I was hooked. I'd love to see Pokken expand more, and putting it on ESL would be excellent for this!
  • StDxMunsterStDxMunster Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    ImDragon said:
    Hello, I would like to pick up the topic of Pokken Tournament DX for the Nintendo Switch as a new section on play.eslgaming.com.

First of all something to the game.
    Pokken Tournament DX was released in September 2017 for the Nintendo Switch as a remake of the game "Pokken Tournament" for Wii U. The game is a "fighting game" in the Pokémon universe and is played 1v1. (For more details, see the publisher's website for Pokken: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pokken-tournament-dx-switch )
    I think this game offers great competetive potential. I also think that the community would like to see more Tournaments for Pokken. Therefore I would like to know if you want to have "Pokken" on play.eslgaming.com and I would be happy to receive many replies.
    THIS is an absolutely fantastic idea! I dreamt that this day would one day come! Pokken is already my favorite game and having it apart of ESL would be an amazing opportunity for Pokken Tournament Dx to grow its community base more and to see tons of brand new faces all over the Pokken Community! :smile:
    I can't wait to see the future of this game, and I'm gonna be there the whole way through. 

Thank you so much for considering this ESL! 
  • ZaskylZaskyl Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I am a huge fan of Pokkén Tournament and I would love to see this game represented by ESL. This game has a deep competitive future ahead of it and I think that adding the game to ESL will only help to expedite that process. It will pique the interest of many other players and they will begin to see just how deep the game is, with its' varying mechanics and diverse character roster.

This is a huge opportunity for one of the best fighting games of all times and I really think that ESL should take this opportunity. It would be beneficial for both ESL by bringing new players here (myself included) and helping Pokkén grow more and more in the future.
  • A wild GalladeA wild Gallade Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    <3 I love pokken tournament, it's a very unique and fun experience compared to a lot of other fighters, been playing it since release and would be absolutly thrilled to see it picked up by bigger and better organizations
  • SKDaleSKDale Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    As someone who has played this game since early in the Wii U version, I know for sure that Pokken is very worthy of more attention and more tournaments! It has a thriving and always advancing meta, as well as many skilled and well knowledge players. We have a very organized and well kept community, both on various Discord channels made for each character and region, as well as the Pokken Arena forums. I believe there is so much potential to be had with Pokken, and with future DLC and content, it can only go up from here!
  • JamesibellJamesibell Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    Pokken Tournament is a fantastic game with a community full of some of the nicest people I have ever met. I love the idea and I think it would be fantastic for both ESL and the Pokken community, as I believe Pokken can be an extremely good spectator sport, and if it were to be apart of ESL Gaming, it would pull in more players to play the game and join the community.

I hope this idea come to fruition! :smile:
  • XAbsolutedXAbsoluted Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    Pokkén Tournament DX is a pretty young fighting game yet, but if there's something we can't deny is that even though our community is still small, we're one of the most passionate and friendly communities you can find. This game means a lot to most of us and everyone will give you different reasons about it.

About the game itself, it's very easy to pick up but it's not as easy to master it. Even if you don't understand what's going on, the game is incredibly fun to play and watch. And let's be fair, anyone who has ever played Pokémon, has probably wished at some point that we had a game like this. Well, now we got it!

Much appreciated for giving us this opportunity, ESL. Thank you very much.
  • Alex HarleyAlex Harley Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I played Pokken a bit on WiiU but really came back and got into it when it came out for Switch and it's super dope and real awesome to go to tourneys for. This would definitely be the sickest thing if it got a spot with ESL! :D