Win a share of more than €40,000 every month on ESL Play in Go4 cups across 15+ games! Find out more

About the future etc

AN.DurexAN.Durex HasseltPosts: 12Member Rookie
Hi guys how do you know Crossfire is dying day by day and I think we could change that. We all know nowadays crossfire is not like 3/4 years ago and I think the reason it was because of BP at least was what old players told me. We also know we have 0 competitive and **** prizes in cups because no one is playing now.
3 or 4 years ago many players liked to play m4a1 but with the arrival of bp let's say that m4a1 was put out.
Would you guys like to go back to the old days?
Would you guys like to join in and fight for BP to be withdrawn? I do not know if it will be possible but we could try !!
This post may have been stupid but yeah hehehehehe :D
I wish you guys all the best , 
iC.Durex 

Comments

• koNtrakoNtra Posts: 494Member, ESL Staff, Staff Head Influencer
    Had this discussion a couple of times already in the past 2 years.
    The best teams: "we need it for practice to compete international" - I agree on that. 
    The other teams: "m4 would make it more competitive again, more players would join, nobody can afford BP, it will be more fair than(good teams are just good, because of bp), etc" - i don´t agree on that, the best teams are the best teams, no matter if you have bp or not.
    BP makes it more competitive in terms of nades and lucky headshots.

So basically I don´t even care about BP or not, since i am not allowed to compete in tournaments, but when I was allowed to, BP was more fun - basically in all terms. I´ve never played in a potential team which was able to reach a spot at china, but just by thinking objective, BP made everything better in terms of fun while playing.

Crossfire is dying, because it is Crossfire - not because you use an item which costs RP.
    BTW, it is really easy to get RP nowdays. ESL is running all the cups with RP as a prize - even if you only place top 8. But this shouldnt be a problem due to the fact that we don´t have more than 20 teams.
    Players come and go and the only way to increase the amount of players is to increase the prize pool of real money.

You guys might agree or disagree on some points, but I think that this is a good try to sum up the discussion of the last years.
  • Pik AsPik As Posts: 19Member Rookie
    In the past where 6 servers full, now 1 and a half
    cf lost allot of players in generell, sadly but true
  • vizeevizee Posts: 340Member Influencer
    u mean channels
  • AN.DurexAN.Durex HasseltPosts: 12Member Rookie
    vizee said:
    u mean channels
    Pravdepodobně si myslim ze by jsem meli vice povidat a kompetativnich zapasech
    iC.Durex said:
    vizee said:
    u mean channels
    Pravdepodobně si myslim ze by jsem meli vice povidat a kompetativnich zapasech
    ano ^^
  • KOALAKOALA Posts: 569Member Veteran
    koNtra said:
    Had this discussion a couple of times already in the past 2 years.
    The best teams: "we need it for practice to compete international" - I agree on that. 
    The other teams: "m4 would make it more competitive again, more players would join, nobody can afford BP, it will be more fair than(good teams are just good, because of bp), etc" - i don´t agree on that, the best teams are the best teams, no matter if you have bp or not.
    BP makes it more competitive in terms of nades and lucky headshots.

So basically I don´t even care about BP or not, since i am not allowed to compete in tournaments, but when I was allowed to, BP was more fun - basically in all terms. I´ve never played in a potential team which was able to reach a spot at china, but just by thinking objective, BP made everything better in terms of fun while playing.

Crossfire is dying, because it is Crossfire - not because you use an item which costs RP.
    BTW, it is really easy to get RP nowdays. ESL is running all the cups with RP as a prize - even if you only place top 8. But this shouldnt be a problem due to the fact that we don´t have more than 20 teams.
    Players come and go and the only way to increase the amount of players is to increase the prize pool of real money.

You guys might agree or disagree on some points, but I think that this is a good try to sum up the discussion of the last years.

• EmblazeEmblaze Posts: 4Member Rookie
    I agree to  delete bp , but i think is really hard , and the game is dying because of the prize pool .. 
  • DetroyDetroy Posts: 135Member, ESL Staff Ambassador
    As kontra already said, Crossfire is dying because it is crossfire .. This has nothing to do with Bulletproof or the prize pool in Tournaments. 

The game is about 10 years old already and nobody who is not familiar with this game already would start playing it. When being honest there is no reason for anybody to start playing this game. It is Pay2Win - Has more Bugs than anybody could count - Awful Servers and Netcode issues - Graphics are terrible.

This means that the Player Base keeps decreasing since more and more players are leaving this game while nobody is actually joining it. The only people still playing his game probably only do so because they have been playing this game for ages and spent hundreds of euros into it or for the competitive part (which is also almost non existent at this point). 

Competitive non existent at this point ? I gonna list u down all the tournaments from last year and this year:

CFS2016,CFGI 2016, WCA2016,CFCL Open, CFCL Pro, IEM EU invitational, CFPLS10, CFGI 2017, MEC in Europe, Gamescom (rn), another invitational coming soon, CFS2017, WCA2017, CFCL Elite League, CFCL Open. So you try to tell us competitive is dying ?

15 Cups/Leagues/Tournaments within 2 years.
    In the past we had Go4 and once a year CFS. So 2 tournaments.

In all those cups I listed down, atleast one EU team participated/ will participate. The competitive level and part grows although people keep leaving CF.
  • DetroyDetroy Posts: 135Member, ESL Staff Ambassador
    edited August 25
    Yeah, it´s almost non existent at this point. The teams participating in cups keep decreasing and in almost all of the tournaments you´ve listed only 1 or 2 european teams have been allowed to participate. Of course its worth for PENTA and F3 to keep playing this game since they´re the only teams who keep getting invited to the big Asian tournaments.

But why should other teams keep playing Crossfire, if there are other games more rewarding if you are not part of the TOP 3 teams?

Lets be honest, the heydays of Crossfire are over and its going downhill (CF EU at least). 

• MaxwellMaxwell Posts: 152Member Ambassador
    well we are dieng from boredom now. so why bother to play cf xD
  • ha1ceNha1ceN Posts: 193Member Ambassador
    vizee said:
    Competitive non existent at this point ? I gonna list u down all the tournaments from last year and this year:

CFS2016,CFGI 2016, WCA2016,CFCL Open, CFCL Pro, IEM EU invitational, CFPLS10, CFGI 2017, MEC in Europe, Gamescom (rn), another invitational coming soon, CFS2017, WCA2017, CFCL Elite League, CFCL Open. So you try to tell us competitive is dying ?

15 Cups/Leagues/Tournaments within 2 years.
    In the past we had Go4 and once a year CFS. So 2 tournaments.

In all those cups I listed down, atleast one EU team participated/ will participate. The competitive level and part grows although people keep leaving CF.
    CFGI 2016 invite only means PENTA or F3 will play
    WCA 2016 not for eu
    IEM invite only
    MEC in Europe was the biggest **** ever 
    another invitational still not announced
    WCA 2017? still not announced
    CFCL Elite League only **** teams are getting invited except penta f3 etc...
    CFCL Open still not here

We still got laggs in public and the IT Team is 2 dumb to fix it
    welcome to crossfire and the competitive scene
    edited September 11
    WCA2016 not for EU hmmmmmmmmmmmmm KAPPA.
    IEM was invite only yes, if you would have placed good in the CFS Qualifier (1st to 3rd) you would have been there.
    MEC = Go4 with a lower prize-pool.
    CFEL only *** teams ? ruLegends,stdx,f3,penta,exotic, carbw0w and FreshFox. 7 good teams in there. They always try to get new teams in CFEL, if you write a good application Im sure u can get the invitation.
    CFCL open will come.(CF NA eSports team is very slow)
    WCA2017 and the other invitational no news becaue its not finalized. SG EU tries to host as many tournaments as they can, so Im pretty confident that something is coming in October. but if you people still dont see the potential then its ur fault. You guys complain about the competitive part and almost none of you tries to reach the top 4. Dont expect to play offline tournaments if most of you cant even get a team with 5 organized players.

Also: the IT Team is not "2 dumb" to fix those problems, they just cant at the moment. They took over the old crap network and infrastructur. SG EU do have good servers and a good network, but their infrastructure is pretty bad. ChrisCross wrote news about those laggs on the cf gamerage page, please read it.

http://forum.gamerage.com/crossfire/forums/t/49145.aspx

• ReiJNReiJN Posts: 75Member Aspirant
    Competitions:
    There is more competition than ever before just because you cant win a spot at those LANs thats why there is no competition?
    Overall CF is getting better and better even tho the amount of players is going down rapidly.
    For me its fun to play and Im decent at playing this game just bring more time into the game to compete at the best level.

Lag:
    As ChrisCross already said in his post they are working on a fix if you once did something like this you know how big of a deal it is to switch a whole server or to find a little problem in the whole structure.
    But at Gamescom everything worked fine and the client was the same as only we just played with a 0-1 ping

Past events:
    As I remember I went to CFS2014, CFS2015 WCA2015, CFGI2016, WCA2016, CFPL, IEM, CFGI2017 and Gamescom aswell as we won the spot for CFS2017 what means that we most-likely will be invited to CFGI2018 ,WCA, IEM maybe or any kind of Invitational.

Whole scene:

I dont know what kind of people you are in reallife but most of the time its sounds like:" Ohh there is no chance of getting to a LAN so I'll Stop playing crossfire and move to a game where its even more unlikely that you'll ever get s shot in a pro team.

If you all leave without trying we'll always stay at this point

Just get a clear mind and think about all I've wrote and Think about the money you could earn

Have a nice day!

REIJN

(SPELLING MISTAKES DOESNT MATTER WROTE IT WITH MY MOBLIE PHONE)
  • NovaNova Posts: 261Member Influencer
    edited September 11
    HAICEN said:
    CFGI 2016 invite only means PENTA or F3 will play
    WCA 2016 not for eu
    IEM invite only
    MEC in Europe was the biggest **** ever 
    another invitational still not announced
    WCA 2017? still not announced
    CFCL Elite League only **** teams are getting invited except penta f3 etc...
    CFCL Open still not here

We still got laggs in public and the IT Team is 2 dumb to fix it
    welcome to crossfire and the competitive scene

vizee said:
    IEM was invite only yes, if you would have placed good in the CFS Qualifier (1st to 3rd) you would have been there.
    CFEL only *** teams ? ruLegends,stdx,f3,penta,exotic, carbw0w and FreshFox. 7 good teams in there. They always try to get new teams in CFEL, if you write a good application Im sure u can get the invitation.
    WCA2017 and the other invitational no news becaue its not finalized. SG EU tries to host as many tournaments as they can, so Im pretty confident that something is coming in October. but if you people still dont see the potential then its ur fault. You guys complain about the competitive part and almost none of you tries to reach the top 4. Dont expect to play offline tournaments if most of you cant even get a team with 5 organized players.

Also: the IT Team is not "2 dumb" to fix those problems, they just cant at the moment. They took over the old crap network and infrastructur. SG EU do have good servers and a good network, but their infrastructure is pretty bad. ChrisCross wrote news about those laggs on the cf gamerage page, please read it.

also it is true if you want to reach something u have to work for it, u cant just quit the game then come when there s tournaments and expect to win them, atleast not if the rest of the teams are better than you and they are constantly playing, not to say yes the scene is a bit unfair and unmotivating but more and more teams are getting chances every year, if u look back at 2014 only 1 team could play at lan and it was on cfs, 2015 there was f3, penta, azure but that was wca then cfgi inv only for penta but now 2017 exotic penta f3on katowice, thats 3 eu teams, cfgi 2 eu teams , qualifier 4 european teams got the chance to play on lan , so as u can see more and more teams are getting chances and theres more and more tournaments every year, so if u are complaining i don t rly see why, maybe u are a washedup player who wants to quit already, because if u want a chance work for it get a good place on important tournaments and u will get ur chance, its hard ? yes, it s not suppost to be easy xd if it was everyone would do it 
  • ha1ceNha1ceN Posts: 193Member Ambassador
    edited September 11
    vizee said:

Can't see any EU Team at WCA 2016 send me a link plox KAPPA HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MEC was garbage and everyone knows it
    CFEL, thats why i said ETC what about teams like teamcaliber,heavensdevils,synapsis, impact, PD?
    Obviously the IT Team is 2 dumb if they cant fix server laggs after 8months? rofl
    How should i reach top4 if my teammates drop 10kills in CFS?! would have been easy against you with 1 or 2 different players who can do more then 10kills 

btw. i'm not talking about the whole competitive scene obviously it got better in some ways but some stuff  you have wrote is ggggggggggarbage
  • koNtrakoNtra Posts: 494Member, ESL Staff, Staff Head Influencer
    ReiJN said:
    Whole scene:

I dont know what kind of people you are in reallife but most of the time its sounds like:" Ohh there is no chance of getting to a LAN so I'll Stop playing crossfire and move to a game where its even more unlikely that you'll ever get s shot in a pro team.

- don´t feel good enough to ever go to a LAN.
    - become Admin, stop playing
    - get invited to Gamescom

HAICEN said:
    vizee said:

CFEL, thats why i said ETC what about teams like teamcaliber,heavensdevils,synapsis, impact, PD?
    Obviously the IT Team is 2 dumb if they cant fix server laggs after 8months? rofl
    How should i reach top4 if my teammates drop 10kills in CFS?! would have been easy against you with 1 or 2 different players who can do more then 10kills 

btw. i'm not talking about the whole competitive scene obviously it got better in some ways but some stuff  you have wrote is ggggggggggarbage
    didn t f3 go to wca? im not sure about this but ye idk 

i do agree MEC was very bad 

about the CFEL obviusly there are a lot of good teams and they are all been rotated exept for the top ones ofc witch reijn mentioned, also u have to keep in mind that its an NA cup so its only normal that atleast half of the teams are from NA even if some of them are not that awsome its still NA cup 

idk anything about the lagg issue and its pretty amazing how this is been going for 8 months i wont call them dumb since i myself don t understand anything about the subject, i have no idea how hard or easy is to fix these stuff so i wont comment but it is a bit unacceptable 

well about ur team mates idk anything i can t rly comment on it but u can t always look over others, sometimes u have to look at urself, i didn t see u performing amazingly and if u want a better team become a better player , simple. and if u don t find just bet on players u like and pracctise to get somewhere, but of course if u want to make a team from scratch and expect to get top 4 in less than a year with player who have never been top 4 thats just delusional top players are not made in a day neither are top teams, you can look at cs teams to have a better point of view if ud like just to see how much effort does a team put or putted to be top class
    koNtra said:
    ReiJN said:
    Whole scene:

- don´t feel good enough to ever go to a LAN.
    - become Admin, stop playing
    - get invited to Gamescom

u did a good job! xD 
    HAICEN said:
    vizee said:

u can even take me as an example, u were there when i started and joined ur team, u know that ever since i got it the competitive scene not once i stopped

im pretty sure u also know that my previous team exotic we played with each other for like almost 2 years |me, lion, nartex scorpz| and even like that we only got the chance to katowice by luck, because red eyes were no longer a team, just to make a point of how long it took us to make that a "succesfull" team 
  • AN.DurexAN.Durex HasseltPosts: 12Member Rookie
    Should we buy Crossfire together and do the right thing ? eheheheh :D
    As long as the Community keeps the same mentality nothing will change :)
    And tbh if I would be SG EU i would've killed this community and this sections 2 years ago when the players started to only play for money...
    And if Im honest I think that we'll be playing with VVIPS any time soon.
    But actually most of you own an VVIP but you can afford BP (not all of you ;)
  • FOURGFOURG Posts: 50Member Aspirant
    "And if Im honest I think that we'll be playing with VVIPS any time soon. "

?????????XD
    ReiJN said:
    And tbh if I would be SG EU i would've killed this community and this sections 2 years ago when the players started to only play for money...
    i was actually thinking about this ahahaha it didn t make sense before but now that teams are getting invited to cfpl its gonna be like when we weren t playing with bp xD 
    vizee said:
    ye i was pretty sure f3 was on wca, they even made a post here i belive 
  • pewpew Posts: 70Member Aspirant
    HAICEN said:
    vizee said:

Step 1: Use your brain.
    Step 2: Post in a forum.
    Nova said:
    vizee said:
    ye i was pretty sure f3 was on wca, they even made a post here i belive 
    ye but it was also garbage like 2015. they use an old cf-china client with 60 ping.... 
  • dolldoll Posts: 169Member Ambassador
    ReiJN said:
    Let's hope you're wrong 
    > @doll said:
    > ReiJN said:
    >
    >
    > As long as the Community keeps the same mentality nothing will change :)
    >
    > And tbh if I would be SG EU i would've killed this community and this sections 2 years ago when the players started to only play for money...
    >
    > And if Im honest I think that we'll be playing with VVIPS any time soon.
    >
    > But actually most of you own an VVIP but you can afford BP (not all of you ;)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Let's hope you're wrong 

They wanted to change it in CF NA when we were at CFGI 2016 but somehow it failed to get introduced in NA cause the player base was lower than ours that time.
    And due to the fact that CFPL is a international tournament now and is also owned by CFS ( the majority owns tencent)
    So it would be a smart move for them to switch everything to the same standarts.
    But we'll see what the future brings