Your feedback matters to us! Answer our ESL Play Survey and get a 5€/5$ voucher: https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/eslplaysurvey2017
Win a share of more than €40,000 every month on ESL Play in Go4 cups across 15+ games! Find out more

Squad Obliteration Feedback Thread

pyopyo GermanyPosts: 351Member, Global Moderator, Global Staff Head ✭✭
edited June 2015 in PC
Put here your feedback for this new mode

News: You can find here

Stock Weapon Rule in Obliteration?

As written in the News we will get rid of it for now. CHeck the NEws for the current ban's on this mode.
Do you think this is fine or not?

What Over Time Procedure?

As written in the News we have basically for now two different modes for it.
normal OT rounds
*Here we play basically in a draw situation OT rounds (at least 2).
*Teams will continue to play overtimes until a winner has been found.
*new Timelimit: 5 minutes (vars.roundTimeLimit 25)

*Pro: Thrilled OT rounds
*Contra: It can happen that we play in some matches endless Over Time rounds until we found a winner
Golden Goal/Stop Watch Overtime
*Here we play in a draw situation an OT of exact 2 OT rounds.
*MCOM's will be set to one which needs to be destroyed (vars.gameModeCounter 50)
*new Timelimit: 7 minutes (vars.roundTimeLimit 39)
*So the round ends when one MCOM was destroyed and second round will be started
*If the other Team can also destroy one MCOM, the Team wins who destroyed the MCOM faster (Stopwatch)
*The Time which was needed you can easy see on the round end scoreboard (Round Time)
*So both Teams know in which time they have to destroy an MCOM.
*If a Team destroys on each side an MCOM they have won or if the other Team fails to destroy the MCOM in the same time or lower time than the other Team in the previous OT Round.
*If no Team can destroy an MCOM in those 2 rounds, only then we go on another 2 rounds OT

*Pro: More roundtime and a some sort of race who can destroy the first MCOM faster.
*Contra: None for now (give your feedback!)
*UPDATE*: Due to the latest Server patch you can not change anymore the gamemodecounter in Squad Obliteration which means we can not use the Stopwatch OT mode for now. We are in contact with the devs to find a solution on this. For now we will use the normal 5 minutes OT rounds.

Give us your feedback.

Comments

• WertyWerty Posts: 75Member
    Do this means that Domination will disappear from ESL once ESL ONE Spring is over? :)
  • BrettFXBrettFX Posts: 29Member
    Do this means that Domination will disappear from ESL once ESL ONE Spring is over? :)
    I think the idea is to have it replace DOM in the next two ESLONE seasons and then add it along side DOM in VS/ladders.
  • WyRozWyRoz Posts: 78Member
    edited March 2015
    About OT: Why don't you make 3 overtimes max., so the first two OTs work like normal OT and the third, if needed, is Golden Goal.
  • pyopyo GermanyPosts: 351Member, Global Moderator, Global Staff Head ✭✭
    About OT: Why don't you make 3 overtimes max., so the first two OTs work like normal OT and the third, if needed, is Golden Goal.
    I thought about myself mixing those two up but here are the reasons why it wont happen:

1. We really need an OT procedure with this mode but it should be easy accessible and understandable especially for new Teams. Which means clear and not complicated to execute and not mixing up 2 almost complete different procedures.

2. We provide Server CFG's where we already have included the server settings for one of the OT methods. With this mixed up method we need to include 2 different CFG's for OT, here comes point #1 again: It shouldn't be too complicated for Teams which config they have to include now for which round.

3. The whole point of the Golden Goal/Stopwatch OT is to shorten the amount of possible needed rounds in an OT. I can already say that in Bo3 matches where we have to keep a certain schedule (like in ESL One) we Admins favor the Stopwatch OT since its more likely that the match finds there an winner as in the normal OT rounds (except we go anyway for 0-0 draws the whole time). So there we might even force this OT mode regardless of the result of a vote.

However feedback is needed and appreciated. We don't even know if the 5mins time limit for normal OT and the 7mins for Stopwatch OT are a good amount/value yet. It needs testing so we can make sure we find an OT procedure which works fine and especially easy for all Teams.
    Even the exact wording of both OT procedures can change based also on feedback.

• BeniiiBeniii Posts: 26Member
    2 OT max, if no one win -> Golden goal. or only 1 OT before
  • WertyWerty Posts: 75Member
    Feedback just by watching the stream yesterday:

- There were 15 seconds left from the round and a team managed to plant. The other team managed to defuse.
    I wonder what would have happened if the site would not have been defused.

Would the round end or not?
    It shouldn't, at least the timer should freeze if the bomb is planted in the last minute of the round.
  • DendariDendari Posts: 6Member
    Feedback just by watching the stream yesterday:

- There were 15 seconds left from the round and a team managed to plant. The other team managed to defuse.
    I wonder what would have happened if the site would not have been defused.

Would the round end or not?
    It shouldn't, at least the timer should freeze if the bomb is planted in the last minute of the round.
    It waits until the bomb explode ad it'll actually report that it exploded after the maximum time (in your example it'll report ~15:30). Defusing will end the round in a draw.
  • ALDOALDO Posts: 1Member
    IMHO in BO3 OT should only be played on the 3rd map. If both teams by the time map #3 finishes are TIED on the mcom count THEN you play overtime in map #3, same "Normal OT rounds with 5 mins time limit until a winner is found" as the current model.
    IMHO in BO3 OT should only be played on the 3rd map. If both teams by the time map #3 finishes are TIED on the mcom count THEN you play overtime in map #3, same "Normal OT rounds with 5 mins time limit until a winner is found" as the current model.
    Nope
  • a.Sozoua.Sozou Posts: 3Member
    edited March 2015
    How is it possible to switch a config while the server is running? I have no idea how to load a new/another config for the OT part of the match. WarCon isn't able to handle configs created by myself, just the configs WarCon already got through an update.
    Can someone tell me how I handle this?
    edited March 2015
    How is it possible to switch a config while the server is running? I have no idea how to load a new/another config for the OT part of the match. WarCon isn't able to handle configs created by myself, just the configs WarCon already got through an update.
    Can someone tell me how I handle this?
    Quite tricky, unfortunate WarCon hasn't been updated yet with our new Official ESL cfg's.
    And I am using Procon but there you can copy paste the commands into the console and just retstart the round.
    For Oblit you basically just need to change 2 commands for Bo1, Bo3 and OT.

vars.gameModeCounter 100 (Bo1+Bo3)
    vars.roundTimeLimit 75 (Bo1) | 50 (Bo3) | 25 (OT)

So either you copy paste from the 5on5 cfg and from the OT cfg all commands into the console on ProCon (WarCon has also a console??) and restart the round or just the 2 above mentioned commands and also restart the round.

Or you just go to ProCon and change the 2 settings in the Serversetting-->Gameplay Interface.

Maybe WarCon gets an update or Battlecon (maybe need to contact the dev for each tool)

So long,
    pyo - Global Staff Head BF

• FrosteyyFrosteyy Posts: 68Member
    I noticed that vars.playerRespawnTime is set to 100 (15 seconds) in both Domination and Squad obliteration. We should reconsider setting the respawn time to 20 or 25 seconds in squad obliteration. The kills in Squad Oblit seems almost valueless (especially with a revive mechanic) if they all just respawn before even getting near a bombsite. It would add more risk in dumb moves and more value to frags.

Cheers,
    Frosteyy
    15 secs is good, but we should try out 20 secs (maybe it's better)
  • CryptiKCryptiK Posts: 77Member
    Why is the Mortar allowed? On almost all maps they are OP as. Get the plant? Redeploy set up 2 mortars BL enemy team.
  • KamykerKamyker Posts: 8Member
    Ban shanghai pls, 0 balance on that map, one team spawns where bomb is and have 10times more headglitches to defend their mcoms.
  • CryptiKCryptiK Posts: 77Member
    Isn't Shanghai the wrong version? IIRC the real Shanghai(and Hanian) are still in CTE.
  • KamykerKamyker Posts: 8Member
    Isn't Shanghai the wrong version? IIRC the real Shanghai(and Hanian) are still in CTE.
    Haina isnt that bad but shanghai is unplayable and should be removed from mappool on esl till its fixed
  • crazybascrazybas Posts: 29Member
    Haina isnt that bad but shanghai is unplayable and should be removed from mappool on esl till its fixed
    Sanghai with cover will be added the 26th.

• JanitorJanitor Posts: 2Member
    edited May 2015
    Dear pyo,

It's clear to us that Map changes are need to be made. Specially concerning covers and spawns. We should consider restarting the game after every objective exploded to avoid spawn camp and make it more playable. I know such things are not up to you to choose.
    Dice, always dice...
    Maybe we should stick to Domination once more until make sure the game mode and maps are a bit more enjoyable to play. I agree it looks likeable to watch but how will it increase and develop our community if a newcomers try it and find it not pleasant once they have their first gameplay try.
    Maybe its a step we should delay.
    Anyhow we are looking forward to any event and our preference does not come before our thrist to compete.

In behalf of a few other Brazilian teams.

Best Regards,

Janitor
    Dexterity Team Coach
  • Jmanjosh1Jmanjosh1 Posts: 5Member
    Just going to bump this because dom is way better ^_^
  • EnteerQEnteerQ Posts: 8Member
    Just going to bump this because dom is way better ^_^
    no

edited May 2015
    Oblit is good, but it needs some rulechanges:
    - increased round count
    - side pick (because of side-unbalance)
    - some weapon/gadget-(un)bans (for example unban the M320 FB and ban the Mortar)
  • DendariDendari Posts: 6Member
    After the Spring Patch the number of bombs planted can be changed, are you gonna change OT to the golden goal/stop watch procedure?
    Yes that is one thing we will change now that it is possible to change again.

So long,
    pyo - Global Staff Head BF