Arena of Valor NPT $100K! Looking for a team? Visit our: ESL AOV Discord
Win a share of more than €40,000 every month on ESL Play in Go4 cups across 15+ games! Find out more

Tournament games ruleset

rudyjackrudyjack Posts: 1Member One post wonder
edited June 11 in General (English)
The current ruleset for Tekken 7 ESL matches is:

*Best of Three Games
**One game consists of up to three rounds
*Single Elimination
*Game Timer: 90 seconds (you can't even set this time rule in the game!)
*Stage: Random

Tekken players have been playing in other ruleset than most of the other fighting games for years, and these are:
*Best of Three Games (grand finals BO5)
**One game consists of up to five rounds
*Double Elimination (Single is okay too, but Double is used way more often)
*Game Timer; 60 seconds
*Stage: Radom

This game has been clearly brought up to the ESL platform by someone who has no idea how the game works and how the tournament scene looks like.
Please let's give feedback to the ESL Admins that Tekken 7 players are not treated rightly with current ruleset of games.

Comments

• Pierre LucPierre Luc Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I strongly agree with rudyjack, and I belive that ruleset proposed by him, should be updated to all Tekken cups as fast as possible.
  • WMKS_DMWMKS_DM Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    THAT we should play tournaments in Tekken.
  • zeratul7xzeratul7x Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    I agreed about game timer; 60 seconds. 90 seconds in current rules is wrong and it's will be fixed soon.

• SoloSolo Posts: 34Member, Administrator, Turtle Entertainment, ESL Staff, Community Manager ✭✭✭
    Ruleset has been updated to the proposed game settings. As for using double elimination bracket, we strongly believe that with 32 contestants bracket can really take long time for the one day tournament, which is unacceptable. We will think about the Swiss system that is often used in ESL nowadays.

Thanks for your feedback!
    If you have any additional questions about the rules, feel free to ask in this topic.
  • LawofnorwayLawofnorway Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    Had a cup game today, where the opponent set 4 rounds in one match. Obviously wrong settings, noticed it myself when the game went to 4th round in-game. Even though I protested the game was not nullified. So basically rules do not matter at all. Put 30 seconds, 1 round or whatever. Thought this was a serious tournament setup

Anyways, GGs
  • SoloSolo Posts: 34Member, Administrator, Turtle Entertainment, ESL Staff, Community Manager ✭✭✭
    edited June 29
    Hello, Lawofnorway

We received your protest and processed it in accordance with the rules.

Quote from current ruleset:
    "3.3. Game Modes Before a game begins, it is the responsibility of the non-host player verify that all of the settings are correct. If a game is hosted with incorrect settings, it will need to be ended and restarted with correct ones. If games settings are incorrect but both players do not end the match by the first round then game will count, regardless of the result."

Rules: https://play.eslgaming.com/tekken/pc/tekken7-pc/open/1on1-community-cup-5-europe/rules

Your protest was rejected because:
    1) You didn't follow the rules (you sent us a protest after this match was finished).
    2) Match was played and you actually lost it.

Sorry but we can not nullify the match if it was played until the end. This is why we have such rule.
    --
    Best regards, Solo
    ESL Community Manager