Win a share of more than €40,000 every month on ESL Play in Go4 cups across 15+ games! Find out more

JK:JA 2017 !!!

AleszaAlesza Posts: 2Member, ESL Staff, Staff Head Rookie
edited March 31 in General (English)
Hello everybody,
I want to know who is interested in the tournament in 2017.
I have prepared too many ideas, which i can do.
But i need some feedback from you !!! Community.

Have you some ideas, which you want to see on ESL tournaments?
Game modes, Tournaments mode, etc..

You can contact me on alesza@staff.eslgaming.com or comment to this discussion.

Thank you all,
Alesza
JK:JA Staff Head

Comments

• fmMagefmMage Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    Who are you?
  • The WitcherThe Witcher Posts: 4Member Rookie
    Hi Alesza,

Just two things i have to say..

- Make a game free to play (steam 10 euro is not ideal for an old game, if you want improve number of players).
    - ESL Advertisement is not enough.. many players can play singplayer, mods and know nothing about esl, "competetive online multiplayer" oh sure "".

Make this two things, advertisement on main steam page, maybe with free weekend or something.. Tournaments is a good idea, but we need player's and on esl.eu is moving a small group of jk:ja players.

Good luck with that!

PS: fmMage, yes who are you? Maybe next fake hungary account? I apologise if not! Who's who is not important at this time.
  • GreenpeaceGreenpeace Posts: 2Member Rookie
    Hello everybody,

We have decided close of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy section. Your activity was awesome, nevertheless the section slowly became inactive. I hope we will meet together in other game section. Thank you to everybody who played our tournaments.

Best Regards,
    ESL Admin Team

Thanks for recent cups, we enjoyed. But it's not about cups or players' activity. In 2015-2016 we had decent activity compare to other classic games, it increased quickly after few big cups were held outside of the ESL and release of "The Force Awakens". Even this year you could see players from other sections join our ladder. It proves that people still want to play this game competitively and they would, but LACK OF ADMINISTRATION causes too much of frustration and doubts. Local admins do nothing neither to maintain order nor to encourage players to compete via this site. They don't bother to check match media and penalize cheaters, upload incorrect match media themselves¹, allow fakers in their teams², distort global rules and justify busted teammates, tolerate insults on national basis in protests³.

1) zuLU (https://play.eslgaming.com/player/7371332/)

3.2. Client settings
    [ League specific rules ]

The following settings have to be set on the game client.

• cg_drawTimer 1
    • cg_lagometer 1
    He played 12 matches being an admin in 2016 and every screenshot he uploaded had no lagometer. If admin uploads incorrect screens why should ordinary players upload correct ones? That's how game section begins to be messy.
    2) Coobekh aka Nod (https://play.eslgaming.com/player/1283805/)

There was a cup match between 2xct and DoW:
    https://play.eslgaming.com/jkja/pc/jkja/open/autumn-tdm-cup-2016-s1/match/34140610/

Two DoW players (player/6559853 and player/4304879) appeared to be fakers and left in round 2. Team as well as the fakers was not disqualified or whatever penalized. And this is a team whose leader is an admin...
    3) Necez (https://play.eslgaming.com/player/6734615/)

Take a look at this protest if it's still available:
    https://play.eslgaming.com/classicgames/pc/jkja/open/ladder-3on3plus-tdm-europe/protest/5244819

There were plenty of screens made properly by two different people, they point to 3rd party programm being used. Despite all the evidences admin said:

It is known that any kind of screenshots taken and sent from players are not the evidence of LU, or any other cheats. An admin must himself take the screenshot for it to be actual evidence. Here is why, I can easily screenshot players on enemy team after losing and then edit their lagometers in photoshop with dropper tool or even paint can do it perfectly

2.3. Cheating [ Global rules ]

"Players found cheating outside of the ESL may be barraged on the ESL depending on the evidence available. Note, we do not accept publicly submitted demo or screenshot evidence in these cases."

Does this rule says the same? It doesn't seem so. Phrase was simply pulled out of context. If any screenshot can be edited, what's the point to upload them at all? According to this logic even scores and IP can be photoshoped. So what? Should admin now watch every single match and screen all this himself?

And what about all the insults spoken by his teammate..?
    This game has unique gameplay and a huge cybersport potential, it proved itself undying during all these years. And now, when the Star Wars franchise is reborn it certainly deserves to be presented on ESL. All we need is at least one responsible admin instead of bunch of dishonest and incompetent ones. When we had ToasteR (player/1209630) it was a pleasure to play, but then he retired and everything started to fall apart. If you'd assign someone like him again or allow me to do the job you'd see that activity is not a problem here, its lowliness is mainly a consequence of the problem described above.

• sslwaqsslwaq Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    Hello! I am a newbie and was surprised that closed the section. But I see that people want to play this unique game. If there are problems with the administrators, which is expressed in the impunity. Greenpeace said it all right.
  • GambitGambit Posts: 2Member Rookie
    Hello everybody,
    It was awesome time spent in this game, thanks all
    this game stay in memory for all times, time to time can join because of nostalgia, but for real gameplay need new innovations, not only the change of administrators, but also the improvement of the quality of servers and the toughened system of measures and penalties for cheating.
  • fap4ufap4u Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    Gambit said:
    improvement of the quality of servers
    Not much can be done here. They are ok though.

What we could change is a quality of administrations, i agree on this with you and Green. In our section things were much worse compare to other games, surely it's affected on activity.
  • The WitcherThe Witcher Posts: 4Member Rookie
    JK:JA is very great game with combat-system, but have too many issues like an abusing config net-option, saber delay, lucky blocksystem (depend on config). Allright an servers, net-code and game really need an official servers with a support not with "random" admins.

This game need to many things to improve and all importants is'not in for esl admins. Game dont have official support by RavenSoft, lucas is dead too.
    Future to this game is disney, but they dont invest money to old game.

I happy for many years in game, 2006-7-2012 +/-. With old ESL account n7 i enjoy many esl matches again great players, they are gone.. Since Dureal leave JK:JA section... others esl admins are..not too good.

So by and enjoy my english hihi ;)
  • FreemaNFreemaN Posts: 1Member One post wonder
    JK:JA is very great game with combat-system, but have too many issues like an abusing config net-option, saber delay, lucky blocksystem (depend on config). Allright an servers, net-code and game really need an official servers with a support not with "random" admins.

This game need to many things to improve and all importants is'not in for esl admins. Game dont have official support by RavenSoft, lucas is dead too.
    Future to this game is disney, but they dont invest money to old game.

****, the game itself is fine. And admins could actually improve a lot, they just were too lazy