Home Rainbow Six Rainbow Six (English)

Rainbow Six Pro League

GravityGravity Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in Rainbow Six (English)
Hi,

since I got a lot of request/ questions how the Rainbow Six Pro League Qualifer works and you qualify. I decided to open thread and let you ask questions about the Pro League Qualifier.

How do I qualify to the Pro League?

- NA PC/Xbox: You have to play in the first 3 Go4 Cups (#1, #2, #3) to get as many points as possible. The Top 8 from the Go4 Ranking will be invited to the Rainbow Six Pro League!

- EU PC: You have to play in the first 3 Go4 Cups (#1, #2, #3) to get as many points as possible. The Top 6 from the Go4 Ranking will be invited to the Rainbow Six Pro League!

- EU Xbox: You have to play in the first 3 Go4 Cups (#1, #2, #3) to get as many points as possible. The Top 7 from the Go4 Ranking will be invited to the Rainbow Six Pro League!

Why are there different amount of slots?

- In EU we have more Regional Qualifiers which will be announced soon :)

What can I win in the Go4 Cups as well?

- Go4 Cups are your first steps to becoming more professional. Go4 Cups will be held throughout the year and in these cups you have the chance to earn experience and your chance to win €100 in EU every week ($100 in NA). At the end of every month there will be a Monthly Final where the Top 8 Teams from each month clash against each other to win their share of additional €500 in EU ($500 in NA).

Can I play with friends which are not in the country pool?

- No it's not possible to play with players which are not in the respective country pool.

Which format will be played in the Pro League?

The Pro League will be of course played in a round-robin style.

If there are any other questions concerning the Pro League feel free to ask them :)

Best Regards

EDIT: 15.02 - Raised the EU PC and Xbox One Go4 Slots by 1 (now 6 and 7)

Comments

• dfk_7677dfk_7677 Member, ESL Staff Posts: 7 Rookie
    Which will be the regions of the regional qualifiers (EU PC)?
  • GravityGravity Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    @dfk_7677 That is something I can't tell you now. :)
    @Gravity Ok, thank you for your fast answer.
  • CHINEYCHINEY Member Posts: 12
    Just to confirm it's Top 8 Xbox teams make it to the pro league right?

So Top 8 NA XBox teams AND Top 8 NA PC teams make it the pro league?
    @CHINEY: Thats correct Top 8 teams from Xbox have their own Pro League and Top 8 Team from PC get their own Pro League! :)
    edited February 2016
    What is the precedence in filling the spots? If a team qualifies from the regional qualifier and is also in the top 5 of Go4s, which team will get their place, the 2nd in the qualifier, or the 6th in the Go4 ranking?
    @dfk_7677: The next team in the Go4 Ranking. So the 6th Team in the Ranking, yes.
    I have a alot more questions: When is the first LAN event?

What happens to the teams that don't make the Top 2 at the end of the season?

Will there be a season 2, 3 ,4....... like other titles?

Will you guys be banning game exploits such as the kapkan glitch?

Will the pro league matches be casted by ESL on twitch?

Why didn't you guys work with Ubisoft to do crowdfunding for larger tournament prizes/more awareness?
    @CHINEY:
    - The first Lan event will be at the end of Season 1. :) Exact date will be announced in the near future.

- At this point I can't tell you any details yet.

- There will be more season.

- Exploits and bugs are covered by the General Rules:
    2.3. Cheating
    All forms of cheating in ESL matches are forbidden and will be penalized by the ESL.

Players found cheating outside of the ESL may be barraged on the ESL depending on the evidence available. Note, we do not accept publicly submitted demo or screenshot evidence in these cases.

Should it become known to the ESL administrators that any form of cheating was used to the advantage of a player or a team during an ESL match, the ESL reserves the right to punish them to the full extent of the rules available. By breaking any rule a player risks being barred or completely excluded from a specific league or from all leagues. This also includes their team.

and League specific Rules:
    3.1.5. Illegal Actions
    Any actions that result in an unfair advantage are illegal. This includes bug using of any kind.

- All Pro League matches will be casted on Twitch from ESL.

- This is something that can't be answered at this point since first of all we wanna establish Rainbow Six as one of the big games on a competitive level.

I hope I could answer all your questions even if they are not 100% satisfying ;)
    @CHINEY:
    - The first Lan event will be at the end of Season 1. :) Exact date will be announced in the near future.

- At this point I can't tell you any details yet.

- There will be more season.

- Exploits and bugs are covered by the General Rules:
    2.3. Cheating
    All forms of cheating in ESL matches are forbidden and will be penalized by the ESL.

Players found cheating outside of the ESL may be barraged on the ESL depending on the evidence available. Note, we do not accept publicly submitted demo or screenshot evidence in these cases.

Should it become known to the ESL administrators that any form of cheating was used to the advantage of a player or a team during an ESL match, the ESL reserves the right to punish them to the full extent of the rules available. By breaking any rule a player risks being barred or completely excluded from a specific league or from all leagues. This also includes their team.

and League specific Rules:
    3.1.5. Illegal Actions
    Any actions that result in an unfair advantage are illegal. This includes bug using of any kind.

- All Pro League matches will be casted on Twitch from ESL.

- This is something that can't be answered at this point since first of all we wanna establish Rainbow Six as one of the big games on a competitive level.

I hope I could answer all your questions even if they are not 100% satisfying ;)
    That was perfect. Thank you.

• RemarkableRemarkable Member Posts: 3
    When is roster lock for the pro league? For instance, is the roster I enter the first cup with my final roster for the pro league? Or up to what point am I able to make changes to my roster or join another team?

Are ESL points from placings awarded individually or to the team?
  • Rogu3Rogu3 Member Posts: 2
    When is roster lock for the pro league? For instance, is the roster I enter the first cup with my final roster for the pro league? Or up to what point am I able to make changes to my roster or join another team?

Great Question^^^ Also how long is the Pro League Season before the top 2 is decided?

• Sleep TerrorSleep Terror Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2016
    On the same lines as the other questions. If a team can not play in Go4 Cup 1, can they sign up and play in Go4 Cup 2?
  • dapzdapz Member Posts: 12
    What is "HUD Settings: ESL Pro League S1" that part of the rules is confusing me.

Any plans to get a set time for these cups instead of changing them without notice?
  • SpeexSpeex Member Posts: 7
    It's not too early tournaments ? (Go4) 16:00... the sunday !
    We're living... and the game is not "pro". His penalizes many team.
  • st0rm-xst0rm-x Port TalbotMember Posts: 5 Rookie
    National Qualifiers - Ive noticed a minimum of 3 people of that nationality in the team to play in those qualifiers which is impossible for some teams out there and what stops people adding another 1 nationality to their team just to enter the qualifier but that 1 person never plays for the team
  • tit0ntit0n Member Posts: 2
    Are you guys gonna delay the first Go4 cup? A lot of people won't be on because of the super bowl..
  • Killer0783Killer0783 Member Posts: 2
    Hey is it required to be 18 or can let's say someone join if they had permission to join the tournament
  • Killer0783Killer0783 Member Posts: 2

Great Question^^^ Also how long is the Pro League Season before the top 2 is decided?

I think the rules said the first 3 cups

• GrimGrim Member Posts: 29
    Are you guys gonna delay the first Go4 cup? A lot of people won't be on because of the super bowl..
    First one is on Superbowl, second one is on Valentines Day lol. There has been a post about it at top of the forums all week and no one from ESL/Go4 has addressed it.
  • PharrxohPharrxoh Member Posts: 5 Rookie

Answer this question!!!

Answer this question!!!
    This in not an official answer, but in Go4s, points went with the team, not with the individual players.
    @Go4 Points: The points will be earned from the team/organization. Team must consist of the at least from 3 out of 5 active playing teammembers from the start of the Go4 cups until the 22.02 to be eligible to get an invitation.
    edited February 2016
    @age restriction: Yes, you must be 18 years or older to participate in the GO4 and the Pro League.
  • Rogu3Rogu3 Member Posts: 2
    @Go4 Points: The points will be earned from the team/organization. Team must consist of the at least from 3 out of 5 active playing teammembers from the start of the Go4 cups until the 22.02 to be eligible to get an invitation.
    So am I correct in understanding that, If you pick up a player who hasn't played in any of the cups, But you retain 3 original members that your teams seeding will be unaffected? Doesn't seem to promote cup participation.

• RaZieLRaZieL Member Posts: 5
    Please, seed this tournament, i think it should be stupid to see best teams play against each other at the beginning of the tournament, and also see an casu/low team come easy to the top because they dont meet any good teams. it is for a PRO tournament, use the previous results of cups an ladder.
  • SpeexSpeex Member Posts: 7
    I've never seen a game so badly managed in esports...
    Schedules are not logical !
  • quikzquikz Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    Hey there!

Just want to check, will there be any ESL Cups held in the Asia scene anytime soon? It's pretty sad to see that our region is always being left out whenever competitions like this occur in NA/EU :(( hope to hear from you soon!

Regards,
    Eugene "qu|kZ" Tay
    Founder
    No Use Talking, Singapore
  • VzorlolVzorlol Member Posts: 4
    Hello!
    Why players from Kazakhstan cant play on this league?
  • K4m4K4m4 Member Posts: 2 One post wonder
    Hello!

Would like to see a ESL cup for Asia really soon. There are a lot of teams here in Asia that would like to partake in ESL tournaments. Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Regards,
    Danyal "K4m4" Heng
    Team Captain (Rainbow 6: Siege)
    No Use Talking, Singapore