Home Rainbow Six Rainbow Six (English)

Age issues

I can understand the 18+ policies, but my friends and I are all about 17, and want to compete just like the others. I don't expect any exceptions, but do y'all think that this game's competitive relativity will keep up for very long?

Comments

• CiderCider Member Posts: 1
    Is this a law or some sort of requirement they must do? What's the point of allowing players under 18 to play in esl open?
  • NuphsNuphs Member Posts: 23
    huh?
  • nitrahhnitrahh Member Posts: 5 Rookie
    edited February 2016
    +1
  • ForceForce Member, ESL Staff Posts: 339 Influencer
    Hello,

the problem is that the game is rated as PEGI 18, then we can´t allow that players under 18 years can play on tournaments where you can win prices.

Regards,
    Force
  • NuphsNuphs Member Posts: 23
    How are you going to reinforce teams that have 17 and a half year olds on them? I feel as if this is going to be a huge problem.
  • GrimGrim Member Posts: 29
    How are you going to reinforce teams that have 17 and a half year olds on them? I feel as if this is going to be a huge problem.
    When it comes time to pay out prizes you have to fill out some forms and provide ID. If you can't prove you are 18+ at that time your team would get the DQ.
  • ALphaALpha Member Posts: 19 Rookie
    Is it possible to compete if you have parental consent?
  • ForceForce Member, ESL Staff Posts: 339 Influencer
    Hello,

sorry there isn´t a way to change this. We can´t accept a parental consent.

Regards,
    Force, ESL Global Staff Head of R6:Siege
  • ProvokeProvoke Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    Why can't you accept parental consent? 
  • LogantheGodLogantheGod Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    What if you got someone 18 to get the prize for you? 
  • MindOfKieMindOfKie Member, ESL Staff Posts: 17 Rookie
    The game has an age limit of 18+ so by law they must meet the age requirement to compete within that game, having consent doesn't change anything.
  • RymarRymar Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    The PEGI rating is not a law enforcement act. The PEGI rating is a parental guidance - nothing more. In the Nordic countries we pay out winnings to people under 18 up to a certain amount or with parental consent. 
    Therefore I do not understand this position you mention @Force

Quote from pegi.info:
    These age ratings provide guidance to consumers, parents in particular, to help them decide whether or not to buy a particular product for a child.
  • Tricky-.Tricky-. Member Posts: 41 Rookie
    They make the rules. Dont like it, dont play than.
  • that one EPIC manthat one EPIC man Member Posts: 1 One post wonder
    Regarding the age issue is it okay for people below the age requirements to play in tournaments where monetary values is paid out @Force
  • Nocturnal Nocturnal Member Posts: 84 Aspirant
    I think you guys can play in ladders & definitely play GB
  • SlowPokeSlowPoke Member Posts: 2 Rookie
    So if your below 18 you can’t do open either right? Just the ones hosted by non official.
  • SlowPokeSlowPoke Member Posts: 2 Rookie
    > @SlowPoke said:
    > So if your below 18 you can’t do open either right? Just the ones hosted by non official.

Or can you also do tournaments on the ESL app as some don’t have the requirement of age 18.
  • Goose.REZGoose.REZ Member Posts: 5 Rookie
    Tricky-. said:
    They make the rules. Dont like it, dont play than.
    I know this post is 2 years old now, but I've bee recently looking into it, and saw this, and had to address that the issue is that they can't play and this comment was completely ignorant. Also, it's then, not than. Have a lovely day!