Win a share of more than €40,000 every month on ESL Play in Go4 cups across 15+ games! Find out more

What is the goal?

Trackmania has a lot of potential as an Esport. Over the past few weeks, I've been trying to think of ways to unlock it, but I'm stuck. I've seen what TM used to be, and the ignorance from Nadeo basically killed it. I believe that we can push TM higher than before. The hard work from ESL and the release of the Title Pack this year has definitely been a big step forward. My question to all players of the TM community: What do you want out of TM? Just play for fun, or push TM to the top?

Comments

• KoenzKoenz Posts: 3Member
    Obviously pushing to the top. There will always be players for fun, but trying to reach the top and being the best is that little extra that the game needs imo. People trying to be the best and go for it. Fun should be a basis, and pro gaming and events should be the next level.
  • N9neN9ne Posts: 1Member
    edited October 2015
    beta
  • RasqueRasque Posts: 21Member, Global Staff Head Rookie
    Actually the Competition Title Pack works for this purpose. Players should just spend 1 minute to download. An easy server installment FAQ with files just coming up to encourage hosters in updating...
    But you see, there are people who sticked with the oldschool gameplay. But it isnt what you are apeaking about, some feels good while playing within oldschool circumstances, others want new (and reasonably revolutionary) things. Competition-wise we stand by the latter. Its the only way to reach the others. ;)
  • malimali Posts: 6Member
    I guess that competitions and fun playing are not that far away. I mean, when you're playing to a game, even for the fun, you always try to improve yourself at least ! And we can't plan to push higher TrackMania without developing pro-gaming and fun-gaming both in the same time. I noticed that we always put a gap between those 2 ways of playing, but it shouldnt !
    Improve the Pro scene will, ofc, attract new players, but if new players feel separated from the pro gamer scene, they won't stay. Why MMO games are so "time consuming"? Because you play every day near to big HL pro player and you want to be like them ! In my opinion, (and excepting the fact that Nadeo never helped the game the way they should do) push TM higher mean also develop the "medium" scene, in order to have a transition between the newbies having fun on easy serv & co, and the HL scene practising for ESL & other STC etc. Did you notice that Zerator serv is always full since the previous cup in march? A lot of new team were created by many new players. It means potential new TM addict! But the gap between pro scene and them are that huge that they are a bit lost in the game, without knowing what could be the next step for them. We (DDE Staff) invited some of them to run the 24h road and we had some very positiv feedback but it's not enough to make the game very attractiv for ALL level !
  • MuddaMudda Posts: 6Member
    To Be Honest, if we want better things from TM, there's 3 options (maybe more, but I can only think of these):

1) We somehow push, nag and constantly push the game developers to promote and improve the Esports side of TM
    2) We go down a similar road to DotA 2, where the original DotA (built on WC3) is the equivalent to the ESL titlepack. We eventually build our own version of TM, and promote the balls out of it.
    3) Try build something between the 'pro-gamer' and 'medium' players in competitions.

Any of these options are suitable, but we need to have the community decide unanimously for any of them to succeed.
    I guess that competitions and fun playing are not that far away. I mean, when you're playing to a game, even for the fun, you always try to improve yourself at least ! And we can't plan to push higher TrackMania without developing pro-gaming and fun-gaming both in the same time. I noticed that we always put a gap between those 2 ways of playing, but it shouldnt !
    Improve the Pro scene will, ofc, attract new players, but if new players feel separated from the pro gamer scene, they won't stay. Why MMO games are so "time consuming"? Because you play every day near to big HL pro player and you want to be like them ! In my opinion, (and excepting the fact that Nadeo never helped the game the way they should do) push TM higher mean also develop the "medium" scene, in order to have a transition between the newbies having fun on easy serv & co, and the HL scene practising for ESL & other STC etc. Did you notice that Zerator serv is always full since the previous cup in march? A lot of new team were created by many new players. It means potential new TM addict! But the gap between pro scene and them are that huge that they are a bit lost in the game, without knowing what could be the next step for them. We (DDE Staff) invited some of them to run the 24h road and we had some very positiv feedback but it's not enough to make the game very attractiv for ALL level !
    Agreed on all aspects. Actually what i said with a better explanation which i didn't had the time for. Thanks mali, great part!
    edited October 2015
    Actually the problem is, (at least it could sound a problem) that a competition uses normally one pool of maps for everyone at the same time, and that could be crucial from some aspects. As far as I know Zerator maps, they are close to the everyday needs and casual level, and arent calculated for pro usage that much as 'pro' tournament maps are. That is something I can think after your thoughts and it as again a problem with which we have to deal with.
    Like everything else we are trying to deal with...thats why changes will never stop organisation-wise.
  • wormiwormi Posts: 1Member
    ESL is doing fine with Trackmania. Only problem is that we need Nadeo & Ubi to put more in this, to make Trackmania more "legit" competitive game. The concept and potential to be a bigger exists. Older people know Trackmania well as racing game, but for younger people it's often new. Advert, organize bigger events, get visibility. The game is damn good but deserves to be bigger. Sadly it means we have to focus, and with that I mean stadium is the environment to focus. Other environments can be more fun to many people, but stadium - as designed in 2006 - is the eSport environment.
  • oNiooNio Posts: 1Member
    In my opinion, Nadeo should build a bridge in the new Trackmania Turbo. Even if it is a game that nobody asked for, now they're doing it, and they should try to implement a way of getting new players to try out the competitive side of Trackmania. Advertise the casual way of gaming and building Tracks randomly in the Editor is nice, but won't show players the competition scene. Why not advertise Trackmania as what it is? The most competitive Racing Game available at the moment. Show footage of tournaments like the ESWC in Commercials, show the passion, players have while playing it.
    In my opinion, a bigger Ingame Newsfeed, or a Launcher like in LoL would be a good start. Supporting projects like Frost's Trackmania News would improve the bandwidth of reached players, too.
    Like the others allready stated, one of the biggest problems is the high gap between the casual and the pro players and by keeping the community informed I'm sure more players would stick with coverages or the e-Sport scene of Trackmania in general which would lead to more players be motivated to join the pro's at the top.
    At the moment, it just looks like: "Yep, okay, we have our annual ESWC tournament, and a new Trackmania coming, that's enough, no more work needed". At least from the outside. That's just not the way a successful e-Sport support looks like.

Maybe some of my points are not well thought through, and since I'm not part of the Nadeo team, I don't know how many possibilities they have with money and Ubisoft making the rules. But at least solutions like implementing a newsfeed in Trackmania Turbo would be possible, wouldn't it. At least, maybe keep the new arriving Turbo players informed, that there even is a competitive side in Trackmania!
  • paxmower_paxmower_ Posts: 1Member
    Hey guys,
    i have never commented on such a topic before, but i think it's an interesting topic. Therefore i would like to give you my humble opinion about it.
    First of all i would like to point out what a game needs to be sucessfull in esport, but also in general: The most important thing is a huge playerbase. You'll get it by having a good conept (which Trackmania does), but also a way to motivate the crowd long term. Once you have a big audience you can start thinking about competitions and giving away prices or even money. The more interested poeple there are, the more companies will look forward to get a foot into that business.
    So how do we get there?
    A good thing is, that TM does already have a decent playerbase and is able to grow again. But right now i don't see a reason why a casual player should be buying any new Nadeo title. The are only a few servers with players on them and there is no real way to "get addicted" to this game, compared to other games such as LoL, DotA, CS:GO etc.. But what do those games provide, what TM does not? Their foundation grounds on 2 simple steps: They are for free (or have a bigger audience already, like CS/Starcraft) and they have a ladder/ranking system to give poeple the possibility to compare their skill to other poeple (which is not possible with the TM-ladder system. you just gain points by driving naturally).
    So in my opinion you should rework the whole point/laddersystem in TM. Give players the opportunity to play "ranked matches" and messure their skill. They will automaticly start to see this whole thing as kind of an competition. If you give every single person (yes, single persons - not teams) the possibility to compete against other poeple and a reason to improve themselfes and boost their selfesteem, they will search for a team and start looking for more competition on their own later on.
    So how does Nadeo generate money that way: simply by selling skins, mods and stuff like that. If the cars are modable, you can drop "items". Let poeple by for new tires, skins and mods. Let them think they are something special with the rarest skin and they will buy it. (Just avoid pay to win and get some proper guidelines for skins in competitions and nobody will care on how cars look otherwise.)

Besides that Nadeo should freaking implement all tools like TMX, the Dedimaniasystem (if i am not mistaken, it's not nadeo who is hosting it, right?) and the ESL titlepack. No casual player will get in touch with stuff like that, when it's not a real part of the game.
  • malimali Posts: 6Member
    300% agree with oNio and Pax ! Actually, the good point is: everything is already done (almost done) in TM to push this game higher! But Nadeo staff seems to not have electricty on each floor ! (sorry litteraly translated from french but i find this expression so funny and 100% fitting with what i said).
  • CousinCousin Posts: 10Member
    edited October 2015
    I agree with most of you guys, except on one point: I think TM is the game where you're way closer to the pro scene than in LoL or CSGO or others, I mean even by going on first page servers you're able to face acer, AT Gaming or PkD players (mainly on Short&Mini Tech one), plus, for competitions like TMM or STC, even a low-level team will probably face one of the biggest teams of the scene like digni or acer in group stages, on those big games you'll never be able to see any pro player, and I think that could be definitely a strenght of the game, it's up to us, competitive players, to be Nice to random guys in order to take profit of this strenght

I also think it would be nicer to see at least 1 or 2 "real" maps in the ZrT ln order to show the world the real competition without killing the atmosphere of the cup, because those crap maps could be a bad ad for the game if they dunno there is better possibilities, because the problems is that those maps are just uncalculated at all and don't really show a good image from what maps we drive in competition
  • MuddaMudda Posts: 6Member
    I agree with most of you guys, except on one point: I think TM is the game where you're way closer to the pro scene than in LoL or CSGO or others, I mean even by going on first page servers you're able to face acer, AT Gaming or PkD players (mainly on Short&Mini Tech one), plus, for competitions like TMM or STC, even a low-level team will probably face one of the biggest teams of the scene like digni or acer in group stages, on those big games you'll never be able to see any pro player, and I think that could be definitely a strenght of the game, it's up to us, competitive players, to be Nice to random guys in order to take profit of this strenght

I also think it would be nicer to see at least 1 or 2 "real" maps in the ZrT ln order to show the world the real competition without killing the atmosphere of the cup, because those crap maps could be a bad ad for the game if they dunno there is better possibilities, because the problems is that those maps are just uncalculated at all and don't really show a good image from what maps we drive in competition
    good idea, it's not throwing them into the deep end, but they still get a taste of real competition maps
  • rioluriolu Posts: 1Member
    Most important aspects have been mentioned in previous already, but I feel like throwing in my two and a half cents as well.
    TrackMania (not only Stadium, but also all the other environments), is a complete game on it's own. The game mechanics, physics, and the way tournaments have been held, work - the past has shown that. TM used to be much bigger among the gaming scene, especially thanks to the free versions TMN ESWC and TMNF which also attracted bigger companies to actually support the game (remember the Verizon Playlinc tournament in 2006?).
    Now with Maniaplanet, I do believe TrackMania hasn't been top priority at any time, which resulted in an unsatisfied community. No new content for a long long time, competitions being repetitive after time and no proper prizing for big competitions obviously shrink the amount of motivation for every competitive player. Important issues such as bugs, game crashes and/or freezes haven't been handled properly, which is something many people are still "fighting" with. I also do feel like the spectator mode can be heavily improve as well, especially for the sake of streamers. Also, the complete Maniaplanet system with titlepacks and a clustered interface is just too complex that it'd attract any new players. Those are the main problems in my eyes.
    With TrackMania Turbo I do see some sort of new chance for the franchise in general, also for the competitive side. TMTurbo seems to be a game which you start and you can directly hop into the racing track - that's what Maniaplanet needs to be as well. If Nadeo is able to see what Maniaplanet is lacking and what it needs, then I'm sure TrackMania can get back to the top as it definitely has the potential gameplay-wise - it just lacks proper usability, communication between devs and players and promotion. Give TrackMania a chance again!
  • nept'nept' Posts: 1Member
    Well I agree with all of you !

Indeed trackmania has a big potential because of the community only which create new concept of competition for all lvl and this can be interesting. This permits for some guys to discovering the aspect of competition and why not to show their potentials and being recruiting by a good team and for sure to another guys to participate at an event.
    I think it's the good way to develop the game for (and i repeat) all the community (pro or fun), both, must be linked for me.
    Without all of that ideas the game still the same : fun server for beginners and "pro" serv with big maps like esl stc, etc... for the best players. And of course if the game developpers could be help us and be more reacting because they have huge and strong possibilities with dat game damn !
  • DDaemsDDaems Posts: 2Member
    edited October 2015

So in my opinion you should rework the whole point/laddersystem in TM. Give players the opportunity to play "ranked matches" and messure their skill. They will automaticly start to see this whole thing as kind of an competition. If you give every single person (yes, single persons - not teams) the possibility to compete against other poeple and a reason to improve themselfes and boost their selfesteem, they will search for a team and start looking for more competition on their own later on.
    Exactly, this is what i believe the game needs. A proper matchmaking system, built in tournaments. Yes most of these things are allready provided by the community trough external sources. But who the hell keeps track of all these different sources these days? There is a much greater chance to reach new players internally. Because that is exactly the only place that every player has in common.

Sadly this game is not designed to great its own funding and is unable to sustain/realise the things we want. A crowdfunding campaign could have been a solution, but i highly doubt that is ever going to happen.

The ESL titlepack is a nice attempt at closing this gap, unfortunatly it will not generate us a larger playerbase. But only improve our quality of life.
    I still agree with all :p I think that ingame this topic came by quite often, I spoke about it more often online or discussing it on stream. Also assume therefore many people are quite on a similar line or thinking the same direction. Good to see that many people react btw, also in a nice explained story. Clear answers
  • X-RazOrX-RazOr Posts: 1Member
    Alright, now i speak loudly (even if you can't hear me) - and i am not only doing it to the people, who are an active part of TrackMania, but also the people, who isn't a part of the community yet.
    It is rather simple: TrackMania is the greatest competitive game i have ever known of and i know a lot of competitive PC-games, aswell as competitive PS-games. I am not just stating this, only because i love the game myself, but because i think my years of TrackMania has given me an insight knowledge and experience, which makes my reasons substantial. I specifically base my statement on three overall and substantial reasons:

1. TrackMania is (possibly) one of the only racing games, where you in 95 % (possibly more) of the cases only can rely on your own abilites (physically aswell as mentally), when you perform on a track. This means that the possible last 5 % that affects your performance, are unpredictable bugs (in particular landing-bugs), which of course differs from track to track. Briefly this means that you can't really blame others than yourself for your mistakes. Especially because so minimalistic "things" are capable of affecting your performance, but also due to that every player has the same preconditions: Car with the same speed and virtual size area and the same track to drive on - which in addition doesn't contain different bugs for the individual driver.

2. TrackMania is a game where you principally can't forget your skills, even if you haven't been playing it for a long period of time. That's basically also the reason why i think that TrackMania is such an interesting and wonderfull game. I have experienced players through my TrackMania-career, and it has eventually lasted for 8 years soon (so i know what i am speaking of), that has been away from the game in such a long time, that you would think the player totally lost his/her abilities to perform well. But that's not the case. Former top TrackMania-players return to the game and after just a few weeks, they occupy spaces in the professional TrackMania-scene. This is why the top of TrackMania not only consist of 1 or 2 players that are outstanding in their performance, but rather 30 or 40 - and more will definitely join in the months and years to come. However it still requires a lot of dedication and practice, as you will experience ups and downs, when trying to reach the top. With that in mind, it's still a circumstance that makes the game unique and unpredictable.

3. TrackMania offers an ocean of different styles and gaming modes, which should be able to fit every gamers' taste. This creates the kind of diversity that i appreciate in a game. Especially in a racing game, which often can be monotonous, if you day in and day out are playing on the same environment.

TrackMania has never been bigger, competitively speaken, that it is at this very moment. Even though TrackMania is yet a small community compared to so many other gaming-communities, it is growing - and it is now also growing on Twitch and on different social medias and not just inside game itself. So be not doubtful, TrackMania will head towards a bright future.

Remember this: TrackMania is all about passion, dedication and feeling the intensity and joy. And if this fits your mindset - you are in the right place.

Hopeful and humble, i would appreciate, if you would share this with the rest of the community.

/X-RazOr
  • JayJay Posts: 1Member
    The thing with Maniaplanet is, when Trackmania²: Stadium got announced, everyone was expecting to be a free2play game, like Trackmania Nations Forever, you can buy the "full" version of it, like Trackmania United Forever, but this did not happen, instead of that you have to buy the full game, which isn't that bad since it only costs 9.99€.

(since this is more tech related i'll go bring fs in to this)
    But since it was not free2play, most people wouldnt do the change and move to TM2, so they stayed at TMNF, but the people who did play on TM2 didn't like the game, since it's not the same as TMNF, for Tech it stayed the same, only a bit of different cameras that got later on fixed, for Fullspeed, however, it didn't cause of the different way of SpeedDrifting, lots of people got unmotivated, so they either left the game as a whole or stayed in TMNF, because of this it made a huge gap between the 2 communities, the TM2'ers and the TMNF'ers, and it caused this result, an inactive splitted community, most people were bashing this game, also the graphics are kinda distracting, so you had to get used to another way of driving, and some of the guys weren't interested in this, so they stayed in TMNF till they got bored of it...
    Then you get RPG, for RPG this was the best game, there was no splitted community like in FS, both were connected, and with the addition of tittlepacks it made them even closer, custom blocks and all that, it was perfect for them.

(this is an opinion on MX:
    The best thing that happened was Trackmania Exchange, this is the best thing that happened to TMNF-TMN(TMNX here),
    since it brought builders together on a simple site, and only for one envi:"Stadium", now with Mania-Exchange you have all the envi's combined, which is annoying, for the people who come from TMX(tmnf) and not from the TMUF version of TMX, the new look MX has compared to TMX is annoying as well it's way to distracting and not so simple like on TMX, it's also not as active as TMX which kinda sucks cause TMX itself, is a small community..)

i forgot some stuff but here ya go i'm tired

bye

/jay
  • psykopsyko Posts: 1Member
    edited October 2015
    i read this topic and found it really interesting, so i went and did a bit of game research to find out what makes a game fun.

i found out that the reason MOBA games are so popular is because they accommodate so many different tastes in gaming.
    throughout searching the web, i came across a game researcher called Marc LeBlanc. this guy has been giving lectures on the aspects of what makes games fun for 15 years now, so basically this guy knows his stuff.

he has come up with 8 aspects of games that make them addicting and fun. these aspects are sensory pleasure, fellowship, fantasy, discovery, narrative, expression, challenge and submission. MOBA games such as LoL and Dota fill six of these pillars of fun, which is staggering, really. trackmania, on the other hand, properly fills only two of these; fellowship and challenge, along with occasionally filling the discovery aspect through RPG maps.

providing challenge to the gamer is where trackmania shines.
    fellowship is where trackmania shines, through it's awesome community. the developers need to be asking us about how we want their game to be played, because we would be more than happy to help.
    submission essentially refers to an ongoing hobby in which you grind for achievements. this can be added to the game through a properly thought out ranked system.

possibly more of these 8 pillars can be incorporated in the game without butchering it too much.

just something to think about.

As a Dirt player primarly I think unfortunately that Dirt will not survive that long, although tech can have a bright future for the reasons we all said, I think in Dirt tho the community is... Too Stupid to survive: Dirt players are almost totally inactive on MX, there is no good mappers anymore so maps are a pain to train, lot of players didn't switched to TM² because of 10 stupid euros, nobody able to be a decent admin for competition (LAN or Online), kinda sad but if Dirt dies because of this I'd say it's deserved. We can regret that there is no new players entering Dirt, so the old players leave the game and nobody replaced them... I'm not very motivated by Dirt anymore because I have more and more the feeling that the community doesn't want to live anymore, SLIP VI dedis were just a joke, nobody trains anymore.

We can still deal without Dirt with a strong Tech and à FullSpeed who seems to shine again
    @ Cousin: I would love to include dirt also in the new possibilities...but players builders and hosters arent really interested :/
    Same to NADEO and possible 3d artists
  • kawikawi Posts: 5Member
    Just like paxmower pointed out, a good ladder system, based on skill/experience is absolutely neccessary. This would help beginners get a sense of the game, how it works and the different styles that it offers. Right now, newcomers are faced with a list of servers or a solo mode. This can't be compared to and FPS, where you jump into the action.

There's a lot more that goes into TrackMania, than WASD and aiming/shooting with the mouse as you would in FPS games. You have mapsharing (TMX), tournaments, fun events, teams etc - none of which are properly intergrated into ManiaPlanet. All of those are on 3rd party websites. Nadeo should make an effort to really make this game not only more eSport friendly, but also more community friendly.

This, and a proper advertising campaign should boost the number of new players (seriously, I've never seen an ad for TrackMania).
    The ad is definitely what Maniaplanet like, with a Riot, Blizzard or Valve-like advertising, Maniaplanet would be the place to be in 2015 for sure, with the potential of this I'm definitely sure of that, I dunno how you ESL TM admins can have an influence in ESL, but I think the general section of ESL could promote a bit more about TM on his general page, and why not an ESL_TM twitch channel like ESL_CSGO or ESL_LoL, I'm maybe utopic there, but maybe something less extreme could happen
    Its all because of the current situation of the game, thats all. You wont be able to ever compare these games to each other.
  • PaltezaPalteza Posts: 11Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm sorry about the length of the post but I'm writting all my thinking process to be precise.

That's a nice topic. Many good ideas, but I hope action and facts will come after. That's easy to say, that's why I can help if needed in the futur. I bet this is not the 1st time this kind of discussion has born. Time to discuss 1st, and next time to act. Let's try to be practical.

I - About things we can't work on
    Let's talk about the main problem, the Nadeo part. We could give the best of us, what we're doing since many years actually, Nadeo have the keys.
    We could enumerate in 15 pages the things they could work on to build the best game from our point view, I could give mines here too, but this is not the main point because : are all these ideas listened by Nadeo ? I dunnow, I'm not a big follower of the Maniaplanet forum and other social medias, but I heard and I see that every day some big issues are not solved at all over the months/years. Mainly because Nadeo are working on too much tasks at the same time to my mind (i could be totally wrong).

Sooo what I would love to see ?
    We should writte a kind of paper letter to Nadeo in the name of all the creative community. Something like (just a quick exemple, this is maybe not the best tone) : "We know the community well, the different aspects of the game, and the mechanics between both. You provide us great games over the years. We think now, with our modest ideas, that TM² could be improved, both to attract people, keep the beginners on it and improve the competition scene. We play and create stuff on this game every days, maybe we could share our point of view to help you to have a clear view on how the futur of this game could be.
    Blablablabla
    ..."
    Signed by the leaders of this project, and all the players who want to sign this letter.

Beforehand
    We choose/elect project leader(s), the personn(s) who is the most capable of having a clear general vision of the game and who is not biased : what are the best ideas to take and put together, the best knowledge of all the parts of the game (players behaviour, servers, creativity, competition, ...) and of the community (beginners/competitive).
    This guy(s) would organize debats in all the communities of the game : players mainly, developpers, creators, every one who want to help to find solutions.
    Once the debats are over, he'll structure the best ideas together to make a vision of the game we "all" want. We shouldn't be dreamers, there will always be disagreements on this point or this one, but this is not the problem. He must settle on the ideas that matches together to build a vision of the game. And here comes the letter to Nadeo.

Why only 1 (or 3, so the ideas can be voted) leader ? By experience, I always tried to make all the people actors of the main decisions but it always lead to a big mess and no clear decisions. So very few personns must decide what is the best, taking all the ideas read before into account. But votes could be an idea along/after the debats. The leader(s) will choose their method.

What these leaders should aim to my mind ? a simple and user-friendly game to welcome beginners (simplify the homepage? tittle packs confusion ?), a challenging game (like the idea of new ladder system said above), better and clearer integration in the TM² plateform of the mainstays of our game (for example maniactu for the news, maniacalendar for competition, maniaexchange for creation, ...).
    An other big issue is the way Nadeo is attracting people on this game, the communication. But this is harder to think.
    As they want to keep TMU alive, they should at least find a way to encourage people to come on TM² : make TM² really special on a point compared to TMU, strengthen the bridges between TMU (or TM Turbo later) and TM².

These are some suggestions.

We are a very active community, we are carrying TM², we must now try to behave like an organized community in the eyes of Nadeo to have a significant weight in their decisions. That's such an ambitious task and maybe they won't listen us, but why not trying ? We could also go further if we are not listened ...

II - About things we can work on

I don't see many things, in the game, we can do.
    I was thinking about server aspect, that's the only thing we are truely free to create from A to Z.
    I wanted to build a "tech school" server to try to convert randomn driver into the tech community. That could be done in the name of all the community so this server would be always at the top of the list, at least always on the 1st page. We could build nice video tutorials, make a link to a kind of a website where you can learn tech with these vids or other tutorials, find all the active teams easily, and so on ... a kind of community website.
    That could be done for dirt, FS or whoever want to work on this thing as a community.

With all the respect you deserve for the ESL tittle pack and other great packs creators, that's only dedicated to the communities, not to the randomn players. These tittle packs idea was a disaster from Nadeo to my mind. We are a small community, why splitting it more with a not accessible feature ? Nowadays people want simplicty or they won't care about all this stuff anyway.

I think we should try now to reach the randomn players if we want to convert them to our community and make it bigger. Numbers of competition is really poor compared to TMU, only because the tech community lost its depth.

Sorry that was so long, and I even surely missed some points I thought :D
    Thanks for reading.
  • DulfDulf Posts: 2Member
    edited October 2015
    STOP WITH TITLE PACK !

Please stop to create and divide again this little community. Maniaplanet should be composed of 2 title (Shootmania and Trackmania) . Only, Nadeo should be make the updates because lot of title packs are very interresting but rarely players take the time to download a new title pack . while if it's an official update by nadeo the player has no choice and must inevitably to update the game.

PROMOTE THE GAME

Lot of people don't know maniaplanet because the game didn't sell in the store . Maniaplanet is not a game but a plateform of games He can be difficult for the news players to understand the system .
    For the developpement of Trackmania , Maniaplanet needs an important promotion campaign ( TV , You tube, Website). I'm consciencious it's an important financial investment for Nadeo but i think it's necessary to give a new dimension to maniaplanet !
  • DulfDulf Posts: 2Member
    edited October 2015
    Del
  • kawikawi Posts: 5Member
    STOP WITH TITLE PACK ! Please stop to create and divide again this little community
    How have titlepacks divided the community? The ESL titlepack has done nothing but help it. All of the servers from all of the titlepacks show up in the server list. I don't see how that is "splitting the community". If anything, it's helping provide a better experience
  • PaltezaPalteza Posts: 11Member
    edited October 2015
    How have titlepacks divided the community?
    That's not the main problem for me, but yeah it splits the community a bit since you HAVE TO download new stuff and new stuff again. I'm taking the example of the BA F1 championship. I don't want to download this huge big pack so i won't participate. It would be on classic stadium i would participate for sure.

But the main thing for me is the tittle packs are only dedicated to experienced players who want to go deeper in the game. As a beginner i would only want to have a clear game, tittle packs presentation is confusing.
    And even as an experienced player like me i don't want to download x tittle packs for x Go more of datas. It means there is a problem somewhere. I think every Nadeo game was a success because it was firstly a simple game (it is still quite simple, but stuff like tittle packs are not working in that way).

I was not saying creators of tittle packs are doing a bad job, of course every personn who gives his time to this game has to be thanked, but the way to propose these evolutions should be improved by Nadeo. Great initial idea from them, but not necessary the best way to introduce it.